Ahanix Black Knight in the UK

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

geordie
Friend of SPCR

Ahanix Black Knight in the UK

Post by geordie » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:13 am

Anyone got any ideas where I can buy a Black Knight case in the UK or somewhere that will ship it here at a reasonable price.

The best I've got so far is ewiz.com and they're asking $150 for Fedex economy shipping. :shock: Fedex priority shipping is over $200. There's no chance I'll be paying 4 times the cost of the case just to get it here.

The list of distributors on the Ahanix website isn't exactly promising when it comes to alternatives. :evil:

SpyderCat

Re: Ahanix Black Knight in the UK

Post by SpyderCat » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:38 am

geordie wrote:Anyone got any ideas where I can buy a Black Knight case in the UK or somewhere that will ship it here at a reasonable price.

The best I've got so far is ewiz.com and they're asking $150 for Fedex economy shipping. :shock: Fedex priority shipping is over $200. There's no chance I'll be paying 4 times the cost of the case just to get it here.

The list of distributors on the Ahanix website isn't exactly promising when it comes to alternatives. :evil:
Does it have to be black?
These guys do ship internationally. Wouldn't know if they ship to the UK.
http://www.perfect-systems.nl/info.asp?Info=43247

Have fun!

geordie
Friend of SPCR

Post by geordie » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:46 pm

Colour doesn't really matter. The silver looks good too.

Not sure if that site will ship to the UK. The range of options on this page isn't inspiring. I'll send them an email though and see what they say. At least I'll get it in English! I'm afraid reading Dutch isn't a skill I've acquired yet.

That site did lead me to 3R Systems who make the case. They also list European resellers. None in the UK though :(

The most promising is listan.de. I'm certain they ship to the UK - managed to find "GrossBritannien" in the shipping options. Only EUR14.50 shipping too if I understand it right. Haven't got a clue what "bestellung abbrechen" or "bestellung fortfahren" mean :oops: If only we'd learnt German at school instead of French. Their tv is better too :wink: :roll:

Smokeey

Post by Smokeey » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:07 pm

I was potentially very interested in the Ahanix case, especially after all the positive comments on the board. But when I found out it wasn't available here I lost interest :cry:

I've since been looking at alternatives, most recently the one I posted about here: http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=13111

This one is the only other case I can see that comes supplied with fans and fan-controllers out of the box so might be an alternative if the Ahanix proves too hard to source.

SpyderCat

Post by SpyderCat » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:18 pm

geordie wrote:Colour doesn't really matter. The silver looks good too.

Not sure if that site will ship to the UK. The range of options on this page isn't inspiring. I'll send them an email though and see what they say. At least I'll get it in English! I'm afraid reading Dutch isn't a skill I've acquired yet.

That site did lead me to 3R Systems who make the case. They also list European resellers. None in the UK though :(

The most promising is listan.de. I'm certain they ship to the UK - managed to find "GrossBritannien" in the shipping options. Only EUR14.50 shipping too if I understand it right. Haven't got a clue what "bestellung abbrechen" or "bestellung fortfahren" mean :oops: If only we'd learnt German at school instead of French. Their tv is better too :wink: :roll:
"bestellung abbrechen" = cancel your order
"bestellung fortfahren" = continue with the order

I happen to understand both German & English and a bit of French.
That's what happens when you live in a small country.

Anyway, EUR 14,50 sounds better than US$ 150 :lol:

Tigr
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Ahanix Black Knight in the UK

Post by Tigr » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:53 pm

SpyderCat wrote: Does it have to be black?
These guys do ship internationally. Wouldn't know if they ship to the UK.
http://www.perfect-systems.nl/info.asp?Info=43247

Have fun!
This site only ships to The Netherlands and to Belgium. Maybe if you give them a call they may reconsider...