MB help!

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

IceFire
Friend of SPCR

MB help!

Post by IceFire » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:26 pm

I thinking about putting a new system together. So what's a good MB.
Here is what I want to put in it.

- AMD Barton 2500+ Mobile (have it)
- 300W quiet PS (have it)

I need a motherboard
- Support the AMD Barton 2500+ Mobile CPU
- SATA raid 0
- Undervolt
- Adjustable Multiplier
- Adjustable Memory Voltage

Any ideas?

NeilBlanchard

AOpen?

Post by NeilBlanchard » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:19 pm

Hello:

I have not used this board, but it would seem to meet your requirements:

AOpen "AK79D-400 MAX" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard

I don't think it will "recognize" the mobile CPU (unless they are really on top of it in the BIOS dept.), but it is undervoltable, and it will likely work the way it needs to. AOpen also has controllable fan headers. The only caveat I can see is using a big HSF like the Zalman 7000 in a case with little clearance below the PS, like the Evercase or the Sonata. You could use the Evercase with an Alpha, and if you also used a 120mm fanned PS, you would get a lot of "extra" air flow through the HS. :wink:

Tigr
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Tigr » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:34 pm

I am going to try a Soltek SL-KT600-RL in a day or two :) From the description, it has all those things you are looking for...

trodas

Post by trodas » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:34 am

...the only one question is about the "support Barton mobile..." :wink: I mean, there are now some mobos, that recognize the chip, but not set yet the right Vcore for default operation :wink:
And other mobos, that come up with only unknown CPU or AMD K7, like my old Epox 8RDA+ that come up with AMD K7 and that it is.

Abit KD7-G recognized the mobile as well, as MSI KT6V mobos, but buth set wrong voltages (altrought they sure fix it in new bioses?). DFI Ultra Infiinity or Lanparty mobos are with the latest bioses also known as supporting the mobile chips, however is a question how nicely. I mean... the DFI folks are quiet about if the bios set the right voltages :lol: So, it might not at well, but allow you to go as low, as 1.00 Vcore, so you can help yourself easily.

BTW, its nice to get recognized the mobile thingie:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: