Fan spotter?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

t_k

Fan spotter?

Post by t_k » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:28 pm

Some new fans have been released by a company called Mist. This is a company making quality silent products and are well known in Scandinavia. They customize heatsinks and PSU's and they have now released some fan's.

What i want to know is what company do you think have made these new Fans?

Here is a picture of one: Image

Here are some links: http://www.microplex.no/rubweb/varer.as ... KOFA9225V3
http://www.microplex.no/rubweb/varer.as ... OFA12025V4

The reason i ask this, is because i want to buy some new fans for my PC. I normally use Papst fans, but i want to try out some of these fans. (they are a little bit cheaper, and they have a fan controller)
Can anyone see what company that have made these fans? They kind of look like AcoustiFan to me, but i don't want to buy one if they haven't been made by a well known manufacturer.

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:37 pm

They look like the Noiseblocker's to me. Fairly popular on your side of the pond, but my only first hand experience with them was disappointing.

t_k

Post by t_k » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:12 pm

Rusty075 wrote:They look like the Noiseblocker's to me. Fairly popular on your side of the pond, but my only first hand experience with them was disappointing.

I think you are absolutely right about that! I did a quick google image seek, and even the package of the Mist fan looks like the Noiseblocker one.

Guess i have to go for the boring black Papst. :?

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:37 am

The Nexus is cheaper (I think, 'cause my norse isn't that great.) and quieter. http://www.mamoz.no/produkt/92MM/Nexus_ ... ilent.html

t_k

Post by t_k » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:43 am

Tibors wrote:The Nexus is cheaper (I think, 'cause my norse isn't that great.) and quieter. http://www.mamoz.no/produkt/92MM/Nexus_ ... ilent.html
Yes it is! :shock: I didn't know you could buy Nexus in Norway. Thanks!!!

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:51 am

Compared the pic to the Noiseblocker I have on hand and yes they're identical.

Noiseblocker fans are all 2-ball bearing fans. Considering that they are ball bearing, they are quite good. Same amount of noise as a Vantec but slightly less irritating and with better airflow (at least the S2 80mm model) Undervolted to 5V, they can serve better than a similar Vantec if you can stand the clicking.

The picture you provided does not correspond to any noiseblocker model, so I'm assuming Myst asked for a variation of a given design. Judging by the wattage rating on the fan though, I'd place it somewhere between an S3 and an S4 both of which are pretty noisy (with a lot of airflow)

HOWEVER, ballbearing fans are definitely significantly louder than comparable sleevebearing fans and thus are not very welcome by visitors of this site.

t_k

Post by t_k » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:00 am

Ok. Thanks for the info burcakb. I'm learning!
I guess Mist got those fans coustom made by Noiseblocker. I'm gonna replace my old ADDA fans that came with my Lian-Li PC6070A (The two in front), and i just need a little bit of airflow over the hardisks. I think the Nexus is just the right fans for this kind of thing. (Funny that a guy from Holland know where to buy these fans in Norway. I've been looking for them all over the place)
:lol: