Recommended Fans for the SI-97

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

NigthStalker

Recommended Fans for the SI-97

Post by NigthStalker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:03 pm

-------Hello dear readers; im planing on buying a AMD XP Mobile 2500+ FSB333 whit a Thermalright HS , the SI-97 ( Socket A , goes whit a non-provided 80-92mm fan ) and heres the problem , since i whant to overclock the CPU , i have NO idea whitch fan to get to have a cool and silent CPU array.

I was recommended to get a Nexus RS , but i can't find a place close to where i live ( Montreal ) , and i can't order via internet on most of the site cuz im underage so i got no credit card :(

So , in a resume , im looking for a fan that can cool an overclocked CPU , that produces under 22 dba of noise and is 92mm big ( ok for 80mm but has to be as good as a 92 ) ... and isn't Nexus...
Oh yeah and since i have a 250$ ( CAN ) budget , and the CPU+HS costs about 200$ , i'dd need a fan that whould cost about 20 $ ( or less ) , so no luxurious gold plated triple ball bearing fan ok ? :P

And if you think the SI-97 isn't worth the 65 $ , or you have better , propose it to me , since i started whit an XP 3200+ and got to this by proposals by ppl ( i understand myself... ).

mathias

Re: Recommended Fans for the SI-97

Post by mathias » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:40 pm

NigthStalker wrote: And if you think the SI-97 isn't worth the 65 $ , or you have better , propose it to me , since i started whit an XP 3200+ and got to this by proposals by ppl ( i understand myself... ).
NCIX has them for $42, it's listed under accessories->others for some unknown reason.

NigthStalker

Post by NigthStalker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:43 pm

NCIX ? i don't know that store/website , and im underage , so unless they accept money order or cash , i can't do much , but still , thanks , ill check the canadian vendors

EDIT : the www.ncix.com link doesn't work , is the website down or is it just me ?

mathias

Post by mathias » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:03 pm

NigthStalker wrote:NCIX ? i don't know that store/website , and im underage , so unless they accept money order or cash , i can't do much , but still , thanks , ill check the canadian vendors
They say they do:
https://secure.ncix.com/customercare/#terms , their payment method lists are quite inconsistant, (I can't find online banking anywhere on that page, but they had banners saying they accepted it).

You don't have a bank account either?

NigthStalker

Post by NigthStalker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:06 pm

yeah i do , but i never hear of online banking , pm me how it works
( keep it simple )

it's be nice cuz i'dd save around 20 $

EDIT : and i see that they also accept money order

EdT

Re: Recommended Fans for the SI-97

Post by EdT » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:48 am

NigthStalker wrote:-------Hello dear readers; im planing on buying a AMD XP Mobile 2500+ FSB333 whit a Thermalright HS , the SI-97 ( Socket A , goes whit a non-provided 80-92mm fan ) and heres the problem , since i whant to overclock the CPU , i have NO idea whitch fan to get to have a cool and silent CPU array.

I was recommended to get a Nexus RS , but i can't find a place close to where i live ( Montreal ) , and i can't order via internet on most of the site cuz im underage so i got no credit card :(

So , in a resume , im looking for a fan that can cool an overclocked CPU , that produces under 22 dba of noise and is 92mm big ( ok for 80mm but has to be as good as a 92 ) ... and isn't Nexus...
Oh yeah and since i have a 250$ ( CAN ) budget , and the CPU+HS costs about 200$ , i'dd need a fan that whould cost about 20 $ ( or less ) , so no luxurious gold plated triple ball bearing fan ok ? :P

And if you think the SI-97 isn't worth the 65 $ , or you have better , propose it to me , since i started whit an XP 3200+ and got to this by proposals by ppl ( i understand myself... ).
Hey, I'am in Montreal too, where did you get your SI-97 ? they are around $44cdn. You can get the SilenX fans at Microbytes for @$24. I have have several new 80mm Panaflo Lows 1900rpms I can sell you for $15 and Sunons 4500rpms for $10.

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:04 am

NigthStalker wrote:yeah i do , but i never hear of online banking , pm me how it works
( keep it simple )
I can't ignore this possibility to pimp something orange. :)
http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/howtoindex.html

NigthStalker

Post by NigthStalker » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:43 am

Cool dude , a fellow montrealian ; i was planing to get my Si-97 from MicroBytes , but it`s expensive , around 65 $, where did you find yours at 44$ ?!?!?

SilentX fans ; i havent heard about them so dunno , of no one talk about them it means that their not really good. And for your fans , i`dd love to , but im looking for 92mm and i heard that Panafolo fans make some noise (???) and Sunons , i have never heard about those ... they make noise at 4500 RPM i presume...

And i finally found a store where A) they ship and whe pay cash to the dude or B) the store is in Toronto , so maybe i could go on a trip someday... ; found it at NCIX.com , 92mm Real Silent 19.2 dBa for around 15$

EdT

Post by EdT » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:47 am

NigthStalker wrote:Cool dude , a fellow montrealian ; i was planing to get my Si-97 from MicroBytes , but it`s expensive , around 65 $, where did you find yours at 44$ ?!?!?

SilentX fans ; i havent heard about them so dunno , of no one talk about them it means that their not really good. And for your fans , i`dd love to , but im looking for 92mm and i heard that Panafolo fans make some noise (???) and Sunons , i have never heard about those ... they make noise at 4500 RPM i presume...

And i finally found a store where A) they ship and whe pay cash to the dude or B) the store is in Toronto , so maybe i could go on a trip someday... ; found it at NCIX.com , 92mm Real Silent 19.2 dBa for around 15$
SI-97
http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Merchan ... _Code=5.72

SilenX Fans
http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Merchan ... ode=700.43

NigthStalker

Post by NigthStalker » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:03 am

Oh i taught you had found a SI-97 HS in the montreal area for only 44 $
i can't order by credit card since im underage , so i can only use Money Order and Cash On Delivery (COD) and i know that Bigfoot accpetd COD but i'm gunna check it out ( COD )

NigthStalker

Post by NigthStalker » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:53 pm

im gunna lose the SI-97 , it's too expensive , ill get a Spire , will do that trick for me , 24 dBa , 34 CFM

Mikael

Post by Mikael » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:34 am

Hmm... A Spire is going to be quite a bit worse than the SI-97, but I suppose you already know that. Anyway, I have an SI-97 on it's way to go with my 2600+ @ 2.3GHz 1.6V. I'm currently using an SLK-900A with an ADDA 92mm fan rated at 1600RPM and 15dB. This is sufficient to keep the CPU at about 55C during load. I suspect that the soon to arrive SI-97 is going to allow me to run the CPU @ 2.4GHz with this pretty slow spinning fan. Quite impressive!

NigthStalker

Post by NigthStalker » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:21 pm

In fact i ain't getting SI-97 nor Spire , im getting Zalman 7000B AlCu in fact , just ordered it today.