Antec Tricool 120 & 92 mm fans - are they good enough?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Antec Tricool 120 & 92 mm fans - are they good enough?

Post by Tzupy » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:13 am

Hi,
I'd like to replace my existing fans - 120 mm and 92 mm - of my Chenbro Gaming Bomb. The only branded fans available in my city are Antec Tricools (clear plastic vibrates more?).
I have a Thermaltake fan controller, that helped me keep the existing fans at acceptable noise levels, but if the Antecs are fine, I'd get even lower noise for the same airflow.

LH

Post by LH » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:41 am

Pages 3 and 4 of the SLK3000B review talk about the Tri-Cool 120mm fan, but that version is black, not clear. However, I think it should give you a general idea of the clear Tri-Cool.

frankgehry

Fans

Post by frankgehry » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:06 pm

Tzupy,

I know you said your only choice is the Antec, but I just thought I would mention the Coolermaster low speed sleeve bearing fans. I just recieved an Acoustifan clear and 2 Coolermaster fans - a black and a translucent blue. If you tap a clear plastic fan blade it will produce a click - a black fan will produce a thud or lower frequency click. When both fans are turned on I can't tell the difference and the Acoustifan is one of the better low noise fans out there. Its not vibration its a subjective quality of fan noise from clear fans that some people have noticed. So I would check again for a low speed sleeve bearing fan, but according to the slk3000b review, the tri-cool is pretty good and I don't think it really matters if its clear or black. - FG

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Tzupy » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:00 pm

Thank you for the answers. I'll give the Tricool a try, just the 92 mm sleeve bearing for start. Will try to locate Coolermaster fans too.