Suggestions for AntecRep

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

wooglin
Patron of SPCR

Post by wooglin » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:39 am

The update is much appreciated Mr Antec Rep.

Kind of off topic, but do you (or does Antec) monitor many forums to gauge public interest in new items after shows like CES? This has to be one of the most anticipated products that I've seen on this forum in some time, at least since I joined the quiet revolution.

DG

Post by DG » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:59 am

off-topic: Mr. AntecRep, could you please answer me this question? It's very important to me to know this:

What difference is between True Power 2.0 PSUs and Neopower PSU, besides the Neo's modular design? Will the TP2.0 have a better fan controller and efficiency than the Neopower?

I'm asking this because i don't know if i should wait for the TP2.0 or just buy the NeoPower now...

Thank you.

AntecRep
-- Vendor --

Post by AntecRep » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:23 am

Forum wise we don't monitor for CES specific threads. However in several places they almost always crop up (Anandtech has had one the last couple years). Part of my job in general is monitor interest on any product (ie forums were the first indication that we had that the LED fans were popular) all year long. The last 3 to 5 CES's (I forget how many now) we've begun to preview fairly soon to be released products. So post CES thread watching is relatively new. As far as SPCR goes, yes this thread has garnered much more interest then we expected.

Neo vs TP2: Not a lot of differences. AFAIK the efficiency and fan controller will be largely the same. However I've not had a chance to actually see/hear a TP2 in action yet (whereas I have a NeoPower at home).

AntecRep

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Tzupy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:03 am

Mr. Antec Rep, I just got a Neopower480 and SLK3000B, and am generally satisfied with them. But regarding the SLK3000B I have a few suggestions (that I already posted elsewhere in the forum):
1) make the case 5-6 cm longer, in order to allow easy use of long GFX cards with AC Silencers.
2) patch the front bottom hole and make the front slits a bit larger.
3) make the CPU duct flexible, so people can put it exactly on top (mine is half the fan off - XP-90 on Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe).
4) add a sort of cap for this duct, that allows air to flow in, but dampens noise.
5) add a dust filter for the lower lateral intake.
If a new Antec case (without PSU) will incorporate some of these improvements, I may consider upgrading to it.

ryogajyc

Post by ryogajyc » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:09 am

I'd would like replies to my e-mails. See my post today at http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewto ... 771#167771.

BTW, I didn't mean this to come off as kind of smart-alecky. I genuinely would like e-mail responses. I've contacted the people who AntecRep has suggested I contact and I've been ignored. Other people report great and fast responses and I feel somewhat slighted that I haven't been given the same response. I'd like to come back and say Antec solved all my problems, or tried to accommodate me to offset the problems I've had, but really I've not gotten good service from them so far.

AntecRep
-- Vendor --

Post by AntecRep » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:15 pm

I had ryogajyc resend me his email. I've gotten the email and forwarded it to the right people. Hopefully by now they've contacted you.

AntecRep

ryogajyc

Post by ryogajyc » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:49 pm

Thanks AntecRep. The Product Development Manager did respond to me, both via e-mail and phone. There was a little mixup in the original e-mail address for him, which explains the lack of response. I'll be posting continuing details of my Antec Phantom experience here:
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewto ... 5&start=30