How can I get my 6800 GT to report temp and fan speed 2 MBM5

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

joebandli

How can I get my 6800 GT to report temp and fan speed 2 MBM5

Post by joebandli » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:11 pm

Ive been trying for days and cant figure it our :(

By MBM5 i mean Motherboard Monitor 5(latest release)

needed system specs(?):
MB: Asus P4C800
CPU: P4 3.0 HT 1MB L2 Cache (Prescott Core)
GPU: 256MB 6800 GT

joebandli

Post by joebandli » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:28 pm

oops MB: P4C800 Deluxe

RedSnapper

Post by RedSnapper » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:16 pm

Does you card report temps in the nVidia control panel? If not you might have to flash your card with a BIOS that does. My only experience of MBM is that if the sensor is in the setting panel then you can read it.

=/

joebandli

Post by joebandli » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:37 pm

Yes the card reports at least the tempature to the nVidia control panel. I know it can be done because ive seen benchmark tests (on this site even) that used this function to monitor temp. The problem is that MBM Forums and FAQs are dead at least for the last few days Ive been trying. I have emailed the dev of MBM5 but havent gotten a response yet :( I came here cause the benchmark/review was done through this site....

joebandli

Post by joebandli » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:47 am

Im really looking for some help so Im gonna do this one time to keep it near the top. If I dont get any hits Ill let it fall to the wayside so other people who have questions can ask them..

Thanks again

*bump

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:02 pm

Joe, I see you haven't been welcomed yet so,

WELCOME TO SPCR !!!

As for your problem, maybe you know, the MBM author has stopped support & development for it. So unless it can report temps in its current state, I'll very much doubt that it can be made to in the future - or that you'll ever get a reply.

Have you tried the many options in the General menu? You could also use speedfan and see if it recognises the VGA temp sensor. If it does then you could look up from which sensor chip it reads the data, go into the MBM config files and try adding it manually. I know, really difficult but I have an ancient Radeon 9700 with no temp sensor and this is all I can guesstimate.

Good luck.

joebandli

Post by joebandli » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:45 pm

thanks for the info.... Perhaps its time for me to get another prog to do the job.