Will Seasonic S12 fit in Evercase 4252 with ease?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

cyberknight

Will Seasonic S12 fit in Evercase 4252 with ease?

Post by cyberknight » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:00 am

After seraching and reading tonnes of threads, I recall people mentioning that the motherboard/PSU can potentially be cramped and that some PSU's had a difficult time fitting. Will the Seasonic S12-430 work just fine?

Also, how is the PSU that comes with the case? I've read that there are actually different PSU options that can be chosen when the retailer decides to order, maybe a Fortron... Or am I likely to just get a generic?

I'm planning to order from this place, hopefully they'll get some in stock soon. The one that comes with a PSU is only $15 more, so a spare Fortron at that price isn't a bad thing...

http://www.ajump.ca/ajump/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=2006

If you guys know of another place in Canada, preferably Vancouver, that sells Evercase cases let me know.

Oh, also how are the Evercase 80mm sleeve bearing fans anyways? Any experience?

DGK

Post by DGK » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:56 am

I am using a SuperTornado in my 4252 and it fit just fine. My PSU is just a older version of the S12 so it should be the same in terms of fitting. I think the only way you will have a problem with it fitting is if you get a HUGE heatsink on your cpu. If you get a cpu cooler that needs a 120 fan then you might have problems.

I got my 4252 without the PSU so I can not really comment on getting one with it but I never have been much of a fan of cheap PSU's. Last time I tried one a few years ago I ended up having stability problems. One bonus of getting the case without the PSU is that it does weigh less so the shipping costs should be a little lower

redtop

Just did one

Post by redtop » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:11 am

I just put an S12 in my 4252 last night. Bit of a tight fit but it went into position without forcing or modifying anything. I'm using an ABIT NF-7 mb with a large Thermalright SLK-900 heatsink. Everything fits just fine.

BTW, the S12 is an exceptional PS. Very quiet, and a nice fan controller built-in. I replaced a Seasonic Super Tornado 300 from rev 1 that developed the whine issue. Going to see if I can still RMA it for a A3 version.

Hope this helps.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:45 am

Hello:

The 4252 will fit any standard ATX PS -- I installed an S12 500 in a 4252 with no problems. I have also installed Super Tornado's, CleverPower, and Fortron 120mm with no problems.