Video Capture?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

MajereXYU

Video Capture?

Post by MajereXYU » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:37 am

Hello,

I read that the Gigabyte 6600GT passive has video IN.

Can anyone tell me what kind of input there is? Is it Composite in / S-video in? both?

And maybe I will sound stupid but what software do you use to get the video from the video in? I mean, if I were to plug in a Playstation 2 or Gamecube into the (composite or s-video) video-in, what software would I use to display the video?

Another question.

I used to have an ATi TV Wonder PCI.
It had video input (Composite AND S-video) and when I plugged my game consoles in, I couldn't play them because there was a slight lag.

When I did the same thing on my AIW Radeon 9600PRO, there was no lag (probably due to the faster AGP bus and no need for the video signal to travel the PCI bus to the AGP so it can be displayed by the video card).

Does the Passive 6600GT's video input generate such a lag?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: grammar/typos

Mar.

Re: Video Capture?

Post by Mar. » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:18 pm

MajereXYU wrote:Hello,

I read that the Gigabyte 6600GT passive has video IN.

Can anyone tell me what kind of input there is? Is it Composite in / S-video in? both?

And maybe I will sound stupid but what software do you use to get the video from the video in? I mean, if I were to plug in a Playstation 2 or Gamecube into the (composite or s-video) video-in, what software would I use to display the video?

Another question.

I used to have an ATi TV Wonder PCI.
It had video input (Composite AND S-video) and when I plugged my game consoles in, I couldn't play them because there was a slight lag.

When I did the same thing on my AIW Radeon 9600PRO, there was no lag (probably due to the faster AGP bus and no need for the video signal to travel the PCI bus to the AGP so it can be displayed by the video card).

Does the Passive 6600GT's video input generate such a lag?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: grammar/typos
Funny, I just noticed today that my roommate's newly bought X800XL Silentpipe has video in as well. The instructions leave you guessing how to use it though.