"Stellar Realms" - online gaming, with a twist.

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Straker

Post by Straker » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:14 pm

whoops, almost forgot about SR. only a day late tho. :)

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:15 pm

SR server has been unavailable since around 6:30PM (EDT) 1 Aug--about 2 hours. I'm feeling withdrawal pangs...
Last edited by tragus on Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:43 pm

Me too. Must stay on... research next topic... donate all population to Hogwarts...
(unfortunately for you I'll have fallen asleep by the time I reach that point!)

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:03 pm

yeah it's unavaliable for me too. :cry:

I really needed to start the next research topic too.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:45 pm

I've turned down alliances from a couple of SPCRer. That's because last round I found myself allied to nearly half the galaxy (despite my seemingly warlike nature) I really don't want to attack fellow SPCR members nor do I want to extend my alliances all over the place so if you could just point yourselves out...

Especially you Rusty. I made a guess, let's see if I guessed correctly. :)

Note: SPCR members who make themselves known will enjoy excellent prices on my dragons & asps :)

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:25 pm

SR's been up since at least this morning. StarfishChris, I'm still waiting for your population donations. :twisted:

burcakb, I appreciate your position and applaud you (and the small handful of others) who keep the same name from round to round. Since I seem to find myself bubbling to the top of the rankings, I expect to be seeing unwanted visitors sometime soon (despite my attempts to be a peacful academic this round).

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:35 pm

Well It's a little bit over 100 years how's everyone doing?

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:25 pm

Slowly....very slowly. Been mixing it up with the Klingon a bit, but otherwise keeping quiet.

Say, the Klingon isn't an SPCR'er is he? If so, speak up so I can moderate you into oblivion. :lol:

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:52 pm

I think not.

In about 400 turns, I'll be available for hire to the Moavar alliance or any others who have tough enemies. If you've got deep pockets that is.

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:16 am

I was away for a week so I'm lagging behind a little - I ran out of food halfway through and lost a lot of pop :oops: I'm making up for it but it costs a lot, and you can never replace lost research turns...

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:41 am

I'm doing quite alright. Staying off the radar of most people and doing my thing quietly. I'm almost ready to start supplying my allies.

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:22 am

I'm doing okay.... but not spending as much time playing as I have in the past.

.... and still not the sharpest tack in the box.

Prince Volvo of Ohmm

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:19 pm

well... not doing that okey I guess... at low 30:ies it's not what I'm used to from last round... On the other hand I 'm trying to do research with a LOUSY bonus, so I should be alittle behind at this time and things are starting to move alittle... just about to get to 200 points/turn in pop without any built habitats:) Planet sci will be a PITA, but I'll have the populatoin for it, when I need it:)

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:57 pm

Half-way through this Round. I've somehow bubbled to #2! Hmmm, have I been a turtle? I've certainly been feeding a bunch of planets...

There's been quite a bit of intrigue all up and down the ranks.

How are y'all doing? Having fun yet?

<current favorite is [StarfishChris] Lrrr's running commentary>

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:59 pm

tragus wrote:Hmmm, have I been a turtle? I've certainly been feeding a bunch of planets...
You (seem to) keep yourself to yourself, so yes. Nothing wrong with that, especially if you've been feeding some Klingon planets!
tragus wrote:<current favorite is [StarfishChris] Lrrr's running commentary>
8)

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:01 pm

I'm doing pretty good.

I"ve started building my fleet of hurricanes and zyphers so i can hit people in like 1 turn when i setup an improved jumpgate.

Thing is I have no one in mind.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:04 pm

tragus wrote: I've somehow bubbled to #2!
Somehow? When you asked for food to research that terraforming some weeks ago, you really made me realise how far behind I am...:( Oh well, I am finally starting to move and am aiming for a top15 position, if nothing unforseen happens. (negative research hurts!)

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:41 pm

yeah research is at a snail's pace. If i had played moavar again (and no vendetta) I probably could have most everything done.

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:17 am

I'm doing quite OK. I've turtled myself to the seventh spot.

Chi of Think (that's me) can proudly announce he is now researching his next to last research item.

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:00 am

Ohmm is plodding along in the 14th spot.

I still have about 10 research topics to complete. I only check on the game twice a day, so I often may go for many months without researching anything. I am pleased to be starting Planet V for the first time this evening.

What do you guys think of the higher number of planets this round? Has it helped or hurt gameplay?

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:28 pm

Tibors wrote:Chi of Think (that's me) can proudly announce he is now researching his next to last research item.
:shock: I'm less than halfway with 38 to go! The sooner I build up this fleet, the sooner I get out of the forties. Anyone else in the top 10 in case I destroy you?
rbrodka wrote:What do you guys think of the higher number of planets this round? Has it helped or hurt gameplay?
I hardly noticed it, I've interacted with no more planets than I did in the last two rounds. It seems like a 1:8 ratio of people who seem actively involved and those who turtle/abandon the planet.

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:12 pm

It seem most people don't visit the forums or do a whole lot of attacking.

I started my first planet research today and still have a lot research to do. I'm pretty much in a rut prestige wise. I need to attack someone if i whish to move up farther but there aren't a whole lot of targets for me.

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:26 pm

StarfishChris wrote:Anyone else in the top 10 in case I destroy you?
Ahem! :shock: I'll be happy to sell you big fleets at vastly inflated prices.

Last round, I came in 1/2-way through. I didn't have a lot of interaction then, either msg or fleets.

This time, I'm actively working with a number of planets and in correspondence with more. However, there's a bunch I know nothing about (plus the usual detritus of abandonded lands). However, there's still just a dedicated handful (out nearly 150 planets) who are active on the forums. Too bad, since it can be very entertaining there.

With so many players, I'll admit I get confused with who's who and where (esp. since Forum names don't necessarily correspond to planet names). Since we're only 1/2 way through this Round, it seems like the potential for a) lots of folks getting bored/busy, b) major changes in strategies/tactics/positions. Right now, it feels like this Round is too long.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:49 am

haha, I feel like the round is to short:) As Sha'Goth, it takes time to get your pop starting of, but when it does... I've built habitats on the terraformed land as fast as I've been getting the land so far (only have planet III so far though) and with 3.4M pop I'm only about halfway to my full capacity. But once I get the land, it shouldn't take more than two weeks to fill:)

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:17 pm

Anyone else in the top 10 in case I destroy you?
I'm up there but there are a lot of people gaining on me fast so I should be out some time later.

I've just noticed our dear moderator hit badly. Dear Nihilo, tell me you never touched Klingon or Crucio please.

Oh and Starfish - any possibility of discounts on your Anvils? (Much better load on the crew than dragons :D )

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:38 pm

Ignore the commerce price, I ran out of personnel - a Colossus, 21 Anvils and 110 FSDs is bad enough, but once the 30 Anvils are finished...! I can't go much lower than 30,000, mainly to compensate for the extra time until Klingon gets what he deserves.

...though all the Klingon allies are quite defenseless at the moment. I don't know if they keep sending their fleet away, but Klingon, Crucio & Sirius's attack force consists of a few scouts. Can anyone confirm that they've seen the error of their ways before I raze their planets? ;)

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:52 pm

It's nice ot hear my baby's still out and about.

I didn't think sirius had much left to raize. as for crucio all those attacks must of killed off a large part of his fleet. As for klingon i have not clue.

Is there anyone above my planet and not an spcr member who you guys would mind me attacking? When I get my jumpgate improved up I'm gonna look for a place to test it out.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:06 pm

It's actually Crucio who's playing the bad guy this round. Klingon has been especially civil this round, never touching habs unless his were attacked first.

Crucio has LOTS of ships and has sold a LOT of population to keep it going. Last I heard he had an income of above 1 million credits. So he's not dissapearing any time soon.

Klingon was kind enough to ask me who not to hit and I included Rusty in my "Do not touch" list. Pity he was hit. If anybody's coming in on his side, I might do my own contribution - though I may have to be a bit discreet at this stage of the game.

As for all the fighting I did not join in - I had only one condition: that the attacks do not spill over to Cylon, Think or Atlantis. Cylon has been attacked - twice. I might have to break my peaceful life unless I get some proper & acceptable explanation. So, Dryfire, my do not touch list contains these three planets only.

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:54 am

burcakb wrote:As for all the fighting I did not join in - I had only one condition: that the attacks do not spill over to Cylon, Think or Atlantis. Cylon has been attacked - twice. I might have to break my peaceful life unless I get some proper & acceptable explanation. So, Dryfire, my do not touch list contains these three planets only.
Ohmm would like to be on the "do-not-touch" list, please. :)

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:34 am

Of course I'd never attack Ohmm.

burcakb - not to worry those 3 are my allies. come to think of it I"m allied to the entire top 10.

the only people I can really attack are zikkix and coniferous fu.