Orientation of NoVibes and the likes

Silencing hard drives, optical drives and other storage devices

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Thomas

Orientation of NoVibes and the likes

Post by Thomas » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:36 pm

Hi there

Do the orientation of the NoVibe family make a difference in suspension effectiveness?

I have a Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 160 Gig and when you see it from the font, I've rotated it 90 deg. compared to horisontal. So both the disk and NoVibe replica is standing on its side.

My case still have a slight vibration. I've checked it's not from any other source. However, the sound from the HDD vibes going to the case, is dramatically reduced. So I'm happy for now, but you know: Maybe it can be even better :wink: 8)

I know my disk is hard to tame, so what do you think: Is the vibration due to the disk or the orientation of the suspension?

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:15 pm

Not to be rude, but this sounds like a question you may be able to answer yourself with a bit of experimenting. Maybe you could tell us.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:09 pm

I thought of that before posting :wink: But thing is, that I'm working on a solution of turning a no-no-case into a ok-ok-case, thus my anti-vibe-thingy is mounted in a not so easy way. So I was hoping that somebody already tried it out 8)

Thanks.