I'm in Too !!!

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

I'm in Too !!!

Post by peteamer » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:14 am

A Special thread, dedicated to those that don't get mentioned when they start folding for the glorious team that is... TEAMImage

ImageImageWelcome along, If we've missed you, we offer our humblest apologies and invite you to... give yourself a quick name check... you deserve it too!!! 8) ImageImage

(And)... Welcome to Team SPCR !!! 8) 8) 8)

And remember...

EDIT: Spilling
Last edited by peteamer on Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:23 am

Uh, hello... I did get the welcome, but what is "humlest"? Do you mean "humblest" or is that a new phrase by AliG? Damn Pete, I can live with all the "wicked", "rispekt" and "for real" but "humlest".... geez... :D

(and no, I'm not serious) :wink:

EDIT: it took only one reply to get this thread offtopic... Damn I'm good! :D

NeilBlanchard

Let's get them folding again!

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:55 pm

Greetings fellow SPCR Folders,

I have sent PM to a few of you who were folding at one point in time -- but are no longer active. Some have heeded the call; and here's a list of all those who should start folding again right away!! On one machine or ten -- we need your contributions!

In the order of your current standings:

Page 1
knarf242
VikingDude
Lenny
WoodsBoy
Lockheed
DanOnKeys
bcassell
Beyonder
tangled
Cosine
Tibors
Rusty075
shens
sthayashi
Kemokim
Blappo
grandpa_boris
olos
rpc180
DaleV
David_J_C
powergyoza
nsparadox

Page 2
Wrah
aphonos
Mr_Pickles
CoolGav
Choy
WarpedPlatter
Jguthrid
je_zza
Mynci
captain_android
ColdFlame
Ben
Fredster
Mikael_Strand
kloppe
FrankPratt
pikelet
fuzziman
Lwood
Ogre1384
Donald
jensend
bill_amer
Shad0
Graham_Astor
dago
aston
TheGlassman
Alston_Ho
nuttybing
PaqMaster
chylld
riff
Lord09
changed
Vergozen
NAngney
the_crate
Mormakil
Drewdog2323
H3R7
Afzan
POLIST8
vortex222
Spooooon
Shaft0rz
jimburke
mobquet
toonz
quksilver
shunx
v_Bell
zuperdee

Let's see how many of you folks we can take off this list!? If anyone who is actively folding wants to PM these slackers and ask them to please start folding again? :twisted:

Names in blue = restarted Folding!!!
Last edited by NeilBlanchard on Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

qviri

Post by qviri » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:06 pm

I would be on that list had you gone down to page 4. This system seems to have mysterious stability issues when folding. Personally I suspect the SiS chipset by now, or outright some messed up part of the PCChips motherboard (yes I know. I didn't know when I was paying for this).

I'm building a new XP-M 2400+ machine, with VIA-based motherboard, and hopefully that'll work better...

I also had a Duron 750 folding for a brief while, but the expense of maintaining it in foldingshape was too much compared to benefits it provided. (While modding CPU HSF for seven volts I actually managed to make it run passive with a standard heatsink when the fan contacts kinda came apart... The chip survived several days (and lives to this day, getting about 65*C idle due to ubercrappy thermal pad I don't feel like cleaning up), although when I noticed the problem the heatsink was burning hot and I don't want to know the core temp. That was with normal internet / music usage though, folding could have killed it and gotten me in trouble.)

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:12 pm

Greetings,

Glad that you are going to keep folding! I have found that Folding can turn up system instability -- I was overclocking an it got stable with a small decrease in the clockspeed...are you overclocking?

qviri

Post by qviri » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:22 pm

Glad that you are going to keep folding!
Duh -- it's a ego that's at stake here!

As for overclocking -- nope, this chip is maxing out this POS board as it is. When I run console mode, it would tell me about aborted work units, and then just freeze everything at random intervals -- graphics freeze, music freezes, and hard reset's the only way out.

The freezes get more often if I keep on going with folding, starting with the first one after maybe a day of folding. This leads me to suspect that SOMETHING is overheating, but I haven't been able to pinpoint what. The northbridge heatsink feels cool enough, the CPU is okay-ish (high 40s/low 50s according to the motherboard), the RAM isn't hot either (and I did memtest it). Maybe mosfets or some other random voltage regulation devices? /me shrugs...

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:02 am

BigHonu

Post by BigHonu » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:18 pm

"Hello", from a SPCR and FAH newbie!

SPCR gave me tons of information needed to piece together my first rig, so I decided to join up with the team to do my small part.

First time folding, and first time overclocking so I guess I'll see how stable everything is...especially with late summer temps here in Hawaii!

Aloha

Brian

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:33 pm

Aloha & welcome Brian!

Glad you can Fold for the team! Yeah, if you get any corrupted/aborted work units, that is a sign to drop the overclock a bit, or up the voltage. It might only happen every so often -- I still have a mild oc at stock voltage, but all errors went away after dropping back a few 10's of mHz. Been running fine since then -- for over 2 years, 24/7.

BigHonu

Post by BigHonu » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:18 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:Aloha & welcome Brian!

Glad you can Fold for the team! Yeah, if you get any corrupted/aborted work units, that is a sign to drop the overclock a bit, or up the voltage. It might only happen every so often -- I still have a mild oc at stock voltage, but all errors went away after dropping back a few 10's of mHz. Been running fine since then -- for over 2 years, 24/7.
Thanks for the welcome!

I had to drop my overclock a tad as 24hrs of Prime and 12+ hours of folding done back to back seemed to disagree with my setup.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:33 pm

BigHonu,

To SPCR & 'The Team'. 8)

Pete

toonz

Re: Let's get them folding again!

Post by toonz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:35 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:Greetings fellow SPCR Folders,

I have sent PM to a few of you who were folding at one point in time -- but are no longer active. Some have heeded the call; and here's a list of all those who should start folding again right away!! On one machine or ten -- we need your contributions!

Page 2
toonz

Let's see how many of you folks we can take off this list!? If anyone who is actively folding wants to PM these slackers and ask them to please start folding again? :twisted:

Names in blue = restarted Folding!!!
Well I'm folding again! :)

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:31 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:Names in blue = restarted Folding!!!
Tibors
sthayashi
v_Bell
(=nici)

Maybe more, but those I saw by just skimming the list. Apparently summer is over ;)

klankymen
Patron of SPCR

Post by klankymen » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:27 pm

well, i assume I'm in too. im on my second fold (or whatever you call em) now, and im wondering, how do i close? i cant keep my noise beast on overnight, so can i just exit the command prompt window? (not using the graphical) will my work resume where it was when i start again?

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:26 pm

Work is saved when the client is closed and every 15 minutes in case a crash occurs.

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:30 am

<- folding.
Last edited by Gxcad on Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sonuvbob

Post by sonuvbob » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:36 pm

<- folding

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:31 pm

Welcome Bobson!! :D

SebRad
Patron of SPCR

Post by SebRad » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:12 pm

Hi All, I've been busily folding for the cause for about 6 weeks and now made it to page 3 on the EOC list :) At current rate I'll make page 1 in about 2 years, might need to "take advantage" of my position at work and get a few more PCs on side :lol:
I have a small problem in that the client causes full screen games to drop out back to the desktop every 2-3 seconds, which makes them unplayable until I quit it. Just pausing it isn't enough, I also tested on a fresh build on a spare HDD (admittedly using same setup, drivers etc) and it was the same. A quick bit of searching with Google didn't find any answers, I don't think my combo of Asus A7N8X + Barton 2500 + ATI Radeon 9600 can be especially uncommon. Anyone got any ideas apart from switch to the command line version?
Thanks, Seb

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:49 pm

Hello,

Why not try the command line version? It can be run as a service, and there is (obviously) no graphics to slow it down. Neither client should be slowing down more than 0.01% -- just a tiny bit that should not be noticeable. It's odd that it would be starting up during a game?

If you can get permission to run it on the machines at your work, then great! We need to try and stay ahead of the Mac folks -- although if any of them are running the new iMacs, we should try to recruit them?! :twisted:

.weir

Post by .weir » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:44 am

I've lurked, now I got some good advice, figured I should give back, just started running the client on my computer, hopefully when my parents get a new computer I can talk them to sending me their old one and run it as a dedicated folding machine in my closet

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:48 am

<---folding...many weeks now..... *cough cough*

Yea, I have nothing to do now while waiting for my class to start.

-Ken

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:07 am

.weir wrote:I've lurked, now I got some good advice, figured I should give back, just started running the client on my computer

.weir, sounds like you started much like a lot of us... :D

EDIT: And Gxcad too !!!...

Welcome to The Fold Brothers.. Image

Long may your addiction to silencing (SPCR) and F@H continue... 8)

And Remember...

Good to have you aboard...

Thanks !!

Team SPCR

Destrier_Rage

Hails all

Post by Destrier_Rage » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:55 am

<-- Finally folding on the only 2 PC's I have that are quiet enough to run 24/7 - 2 Dell SX260's with Celerons. :oops:

Every point counts tho, right? :wink:

Anyway, glad to be a part of the team.

erikt
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by erikt » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:35 am

I'm in (etrounce).

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:17 am

Gentlemen... Image To Team SPCR !! 8)

Destrier_Rage,
Welcome to SPCR!!

Enjoy your stay and as you say: "Every point counts"

Good to have you both along. 8)

Regards
Pete

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:53 am

NeilBlanchard wrote:Greetings fellow SPCR Folders,

Page 1
Page 2
Did you ever send me a PM? I dont' recall getting one.

But alas, I was probably on page 74. :?

I started folding again when I realized that my mother, and all of her siblings are going to succumb to some kind of cerebrovascular disease. 4 out of 5 have already died with it. It's also a strong motivator to stay on the NordicTrak.

:shock:

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:11 pm

Welcome back!

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:21 pm

Thanks

What happened to BMWBMW? He was a major contributor. :?

Oh this is wonderful. In a brief time I will be passed by several new folders, even Mr Poopyhead. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: