nForce4 mobos we know Speedfan doesn't work with

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Ryan Norton
Patron of SPCR

nForce4 mobos we know Speedfan doesn't work with

Post by Ryan Norton » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:42 am

Hi everyone,

I searched around for a comprehensive listing of motherboards that Speedfan isn't compatible with. There really wasn't a good list at the Speedfan creator's site, either.

I've heard mention that abit uGuru doesn't cooperate with Speedfan, but what else? Any problems with Asus boards?

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:45 am

Speedfan is compatable with ECS KN-1, however it can only control the speed of the cpu fan

Mystr_Byrnz

Post by Mystr_Byrnz » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:41 am

the Abit AN8 Fatal1y SLi works with Speedfan for reading temps, but there is no fan control available.

mattthemuppet
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by mattthemuppet » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:21 pm

TBH it'd be easier to make a list of the mobos you're interested in, then whittle the list down according to which ones have speedfan support. It's what I did when I was looking for a new mobo. I've got an excel spreadsheet somewhere, though it'll be a while before I can email it (currently 1/2 way into a move from the UK to NZ) and it'll be a bit out of date. Drop me a PM if you're interested though and I'll mail it as soon as.

Slaugh

Post by Slaugh » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:57 pm

The Asus A8NE-FM (mATX) was incompatible with speedfan when I installed it a few weeks ago, even after the BIOS was flashed with the latest update (which was a PITA to find because Asus is not supporting this OEM board. Only Fujitsu-Siemens seems to support this board, and strangely, this board is no more available from my suppliers).

When I installed speedfan with this board, it failed to recognize the board and gave negative temperatures and wrong RPM's. Only the HDD temperature was properly reported. And it's not speedfan's fault, AsusProbe and nTune were also unable to report anything good.

scrandman

Post by scrandman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:17 pm

Edit: See below for reply. Having real problems posting tonight :(
Last edited by scrandman on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scrandman

Post by scrandman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:18 pm

Slaugh wrote:The Asus A8NE-FM (mATX) was incompatible with speedfan when I installed it a few weeks ago, even after the BIOS was flashed with the latest update (which was a PITA to find because Asus is not supporting this OEM board. Only Fujitsu-Siemens seems to support this board, and strangely, this board is no more available from my suppliers).

When I installed speedfan with this board, it failed to recognize the board and gave negative temperatures and wrong RPM's. Only the HDD temperature was properly reported. And it's not speedfan's fault, AsusProbe and nTune were also unable to report anything good.
OEM board made for a specific manufacturer (e.g. Fujitsu Siemens) = no support from ASUS, be it BIOS or ASUS probe. For all intents & purposes, don't think of it as an ASUS board.

BigHonu

Post by BigHonu » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:13 pm

On my Gigabyte K8NF-9 Speedfan can read the temps, but only control the CPU fan.

jackylman

Post by jackylman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:50 pm

EPoX 9NPA is a no go. :(

Slaugh

Post by Slaugh » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:45 pm

scrandman wrote:OEM board made for a specific manufacturer (e.g. Fujitsu Siemens) = no support from ASUS, be it BIOS or ASUS probe. For all intents & purposes, don't think of it as an ASUS board.
Yes, I know OEM products are not directly supported by manufacturers. That board wasn't sold as an OEM board in the first place, but I quickly found out that it was really an OEM one. After flashing the BIOS, it became obvious that these boards were exclusively made for Fujitsu-Siemens, but (wrongly) sold as Asus boards... I'm glad the supplier is getting rid of them now, as they're pretty cheap and not true Asus boards...

Operandi

Post by Operandi » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:24 pm

Ok, how about the opposite?

Are there any nForce4 boards that do support SpeedFan?