Antec P150 mid-tower case w/ Neo HE 430 PSU

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
slacy

Re: Availability?

Post by slacy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:11 pm

AntecRep wrote:Depending on the day/time of the call that could have been true. I expect them to be shipping by the end of the week, assuming the final quality check goes well of course.
Excellent!

Should PixelUSA be able to place an order for the P150 now? Will they have to place a special order for it, or will it arrive as part of a "normal" shipment in the upcoming week(s)?

Steve

afrost

Post by afrost » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:39 pm

good news on the ship date, I'm excited to order this for a new A64 setup.

AntecRep
-- Vendor --

Re: Availability?

Post by AntecRep » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:57 pm

slacy wrote:
AntecRep wrote:Depending on the day/time of the call that could have been true. I expect them to be shipping by the end of the week, assuming the final quality check goes well of course.
Excellent!

Should PixelUSA be able to place an order for the P150 now? Will they have to place a special order for it, or will it arrive as part of a "normal" shipment in the upcoming week(s)?

Steve
I have no idea. I'm guessing they haven't tried ordering (I'm going under the assumption that they're a direct account with us) it yet. They need to talk to their sales rep and place the order, it'll ship as soon as we can.

jjr

Post by jjr » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:28 pm

Would also be much better without that ugly look FD drive slot.
When are manufacturers eventually going to give it up ? It is useless.
I am not even sure I have used a FD since the beginning of the century !

afrost

Post by afrost » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:18 pm

the FD slot is sometimes used for other stuff like fan controls, flash readers, etc.

=assassin=

Post by =assassin= » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:37 am

jjr wrote:Would also be much better without that ugly look FD drive slot.
I still use floppy disks - handy for small boot apps and also handy for when I was a student taking work to college via floppy disk.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:47 am

As others have mentioned, it's not useless at all. Can you say "card reader". How about "fan controller". There, I knew you could.

If you don't like it, buy a blank slot cover for it, otherwise don't begrudge those of us that use a 3.5" external bay.

Let me know if this is OK with you or not:

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:56 am

Greetings,

Also building a system with SATA HD's and Windows -- you have to have a floppy drive installed; at least temporarily... :roll:

ozdoc

Post by ozdoc » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:03 am

Also building a system with SATA HD's and Windows -- you have to have a floppy drive installed; at least temporarily...

Not entirely correct. On my recent build (A8N SLI premium, with onboard RAID controller) no floppy drive action was required at all. I think it is board specific.

I agree with Ralph Hutter though. There are lots of other uses for the slot, and the general user complaints would be enormous if there wasn't a slot available. I also like the front on pic of the 150. The P150 is becoming a bit like a strong perfume. The longer you are around it the more use to it you get..
Ralph.. is that a beige or white floppy / card reader ?

=assassin=

Post by =assassin= » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:31 am

Hmm, I'm trying to visualise how a silver floppy might look - should be Ok shouldn't it - I doubt I could find a white floppy drive :/

/Checks

As luck would have it, Overclockers.co.uk have white floppy drives :D excellent!

teknerd

Post by teknerd » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:25 am

ozdoc wrote:
Also building a system with SATA HD's and Windows -- you have to have a floppy drive installed; at least temporarily...

Not entirely correct. On my recent build (A8N SLI premium, with onboard RAID controller) no floppy drive action was required at all. I think it is board specific.
More specifically its controller specific. If the controller is internal (built into the chipset, such as the built in nForce4 or Intel 955 ports) then you dont need to load any drivers to do the setup.
However if its an add on controller (such as the silicon image 3114 that is on the A8N-SLI Premium and many other boards) then you do need drivers to install.

RaNDoMMAI
Friend of SPCR

Post by RaNDoMMAI » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:57 pm

My gf is gonna get me this for my bday. Lucky me

But i was wondering how well the WD raptor would do in this. I read the review saying that it is very good at idle. Is that still true? What about seeks when in the no vibe the case has? i dont mind some seek noise when i am using the comp, but i dont want ti to ruin my music listening exp.

any drives with speeds comparable to the raptor?

TIA
~RaNDoM

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:40 am

ozdoc wrote: Ralph.. is that a beige or white floppy / card reader ?
It's a beige one (I can only find black or beige combo FDD/card readers) painted with two extremely light coats of white vinyl dye. Note that the eject button is still beige. The light coats were an experiment to see if I could turn the beige "white-enough" and still read the black lettering on the bezel. It'll be getting a couple of more coats soon, as will the eject button.

inoe

Post by inoe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:06 am

Ralf, one question about the feet: are they made of soft rubber or hard plastic ? Glued or screwed ?

For the french/belgian/swiss girls/guys, the P150 shortly appeared in LDLC catalog, but for the 'affordable' price of 185€ WITHOUT power supply... Bet it's a mistake.
Last edited by inoe on Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

_MarcoM_

Post by _MarcoM_ » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:56 am

inoe wrote:For the french/belgian/swiss girls/guys, the P150 shortly appeared in LDLC catalog, but for the affordable price of 185€ WITHOUT power supply... Bet it's a mistake.

You are luky boys, here in italy i can't see nothing about this new case; perhaps in 2008...

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:13 am

inoe wrote:Ralf, one question about the feet: are they made of soft rubber or hard plastic ? Glued or screwed ?
White, silicon-ish rubber glued on.

Noticeably squishier than the typical black rubber feet, yet plenty strong enough to support the fully loaded case without deflecting very much. Another A+ for the P150.

IT"S JUST TOO DARN BAD THEY DON'T MAKE IT IN CHARTREUSE OR I"D BUY ONE!!!!

:)

inoe

Post by inoe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:43 am

Thx.
What kinda color is "chartreuse" ? Green like the liquor ?

Hardback

Post by Hardback » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:12 am

Would this case/PSU be ok for a system based on AMD X2 4400 with ASUS Extreme 7800 GTX TOP?

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:11 am

inoe wrote:Thx.
What kinda color is "chartreuse" ? Green like the liquor ?
Kind of a neon-bright yello/lime green:

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:13 am

Hardback wrote:Would this case/PSU be ok for a system based on AMD X2 4400 with ASUS Extreme 7800 GTX TOP?
Yes.

omgy

Post by omgy » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:28 am

DryFire wrote:If this comes in black it will probably be my next case. Noe please make a black version :twisted:
Yes, please black without a psu! This case is just too ugly.

omgy

Post by omgy » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:35 am

NeilBlanchard wrote:Greetings,

Also building a system with SATA HD's and Windows -- you have to have a floppy drive installed; at least temporarily... :roll:
If the sata controller isn't built into the chipset, you can slipstream the drivers into your windows install disc.
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1703

jjr

Post by jjr » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:22 am

Ralf Hutter wrote:
As others have mentioned, it's not useless at all. Can you say "card reader". How about "fan controller". There, I knew you could.

If you don't like it, buy a blank slot cover for it, otherwise don't begrudge those of us that use a 3.5" external bay.

Let me know if this is OK with you or not:
[/img]
OK ... it looks good. I don't inted to begrudge anyone either.
And to be fair to the P150, I guess one could at least use the bottom slot first with a 5 1/4 if one doesn't like it.

But I still think there would be room for some more sleek looking enclosures without 3 1/2 drives.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:26 am

omgy wrote:
DryFire wrote:If this comes in black it will probably be my next case. Noe please make a black version :twisted:
Right on bro, that white P150 is fugly. Give me a nice mauve, or perhaps an orange version and I'd definitely buy one!

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:33 am

Ralf Hutter wrote:
omgy wrote:
Right on bro, that white P150 is fugly. Give me a nice mauve, or perhaps an orange version and I'd definitely buy one!
No, you're wrong. Puce is the new black.

(I think this is the kind of case that looks better in reality than it does in photographs.)

Arnode

AntecRep: Re: Availability of p150?

Post by Arnode » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:35 pm

AntecRep wrote: I expect them to be shipping by the end of the week, assuming the final quality check goes well of course.
Hello AntecRep,
Can you give an update on availability for the p150, has it shipped? The only date I've seen is at http://www.eastluna.com /hardware/details.php ?ProductID=1095 which lists an availability date of Dec 16. Has the p150 been delayed? Thanks for any info on this eagerly awaited case.

Edit: Nevermind, the p150 is now in stock at NewEgg.
Last edited by Arnode on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:38 pm

Okay, i've been a little absent lately but just read this article.

-=WoW=-

For the first time I am actually excited about a case. It appears to be the best in every way, almost making all other designs seem like half-hearted attempts.

You guys and your colors.....it's obvious that we need a baby blue.

Okay, so I am about to build for a friend:
P150
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD x2 4400+
Geforce 7800GTX (just one for now)
2 x 1GB Corsair Value
2 DVD-+RW drives
Additional 3.5'' front panel w/USB 2.0 + memory card reader
Possibly an Audigy2 soundcard

My question: will the P150 pre-supplied power supply be suitable, or should I grab one from the Nvidia-approved SLI list?

hravn

Post by hravn » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:11 am

I have my P150 now (in Sweden), sitting in my living room.. just haven't had time
to put my new system together yet...

Ackelind

Post by Ackelind » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:24 am

hravn, where did you get one? Itbutikken.dk or some place else?

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:51 am

Wedge wrote:My question: will the P150 pre-supplied power supply be suitable, or should I grab one from the Nvidia-approved SLI list?
Since the PSU comes with the P150, why not just try it? Our review shows it's quite good, and according to research by some inveterate web infomanics, it appears to be made by Seasonic. (see thread on Neopower430 review)