Contacting ExoticPC.com re GMC Cases

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

LushMD
*Lifetime Patron*

Contacting ExoticPC.com re GMC Cases

Post by LushMD » Wed May 14, 2003 8:41 pm

Hi All, I realize that I have posted this information in an existing thread. However, I fear that this information may have gone unnoticed by many SPCR members. Specifically, the intent of this thread is to notify members that, should enough people contact ExoticPC.com expressing interest in the GMC cases (i.e. GMC Neo Classic and GMC Trinity), they will strongly consider stocking them. Thus, this is a sort of grass-roots movement for computer cases :wink:. This all started when, after reading the original thread, I realized that ExoticPC.com actually carries the GMC Noblesse, rebadged as an Ahanix product (of course). At this point, as I had not been able to locate any other GMC retailers in the US, I contacted ExoticPC.com and received the following reply from Cat:

"In regards to carrying the GMC Neo Classic & Trinity Cases, we are right in the middle of negotiations. So far we have not received enough feedback for us to justify bringing it to the US. At the price the manufacturer is asking, the case would run in the $110-150 dollar range. We are in the process of trying to get the price down. Do you personally think people are willing to pay this price? If so, we would of course take that into great consideration and it would certainly up the ante in terms of getting the products to shore. We welcome you to supply us with any questions or comments you might have before our company purchaser makes his decision next week. Thank you for your interest and taking the time to write us."

So, I kindly request that any interested parties please contact ExoticPC.com ([email protected]), preferably ASAP as they intend to decide on whether or not to stock these cases within the next week or so. Also, I sincerely apologize if I have wasted anyone's time by posting this information twice. Take care.

PS Of course, if anyone knows of a GMC distributor in the US, please post this info. Many thanks.

halcyon
Patron of SPCR

Post by halcyon » Wed May 14, 2003 11:33 pm

LushMD,

thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Trinity looks superb in many ways.

The only thing missing are 120mm intake and exhaust fan slots. Dual 80mm is not bad, but I'd have preferred 120mm fan slots.

Very good indeed.

cheers,
Halcyon

dago
Patron of SPCR

Post by dago » Thu May 15, 2003 12:12 am

yep, thanks also.
very nice cases, especially the x21

and they have lot of EU dealers ... for once that a product is more available here ;) (well, they put Belgium in Danemark, but that's another story)

Morpheusman

Post by Morpheusman » Mon May 19, 2003 11:28 am

The X21 impressed me also. Especially with the optional built in hard drive and speaker/headphone selectors. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like it will be available in the US. Below is an excerpt from the response I received from ExoticPC.

"Last week we tested out a sample case given to us by GMC and determined its capacity for silent efficiency under standard use was concluded as unremarkable. We decided we would not carry this product into our upcoming line of cases. I’m sorry to disappoint you. Word has it; at this time these cases will only be exclusively sold in Asia and Europe."

Too bad. I was looking forward to the X21 as a possible upgrade to my Ahanix Noblesse case.

LushMD
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by LushMD » Wed May 21, 2003 8:59 am

"Last week we tested out a sample case given to us by GMC and determined its capacity for silent efficiency under standard use was concluded as unremarkable. We decided we would not carry this product into our upcoming line of cases. I’m sorry to disappoint you. Word has it; at this time these cases will only be exclusively sold in Asia and Europe."
That is most unfortunate. I really liked the look/features of that case. Perhaps the SPCR community as a whole could reach a consensus as to certain features that we would like to see in a case (i.e. 120mm fan mounts, grommet mounted drive bays, wire grills, aesthetics, price range, etc...) and communicate this to ExoticPC.com (or any other interested vendor), who might then contact an OEM case manufacturer about accomodating these wishes. I do not know if this is realistic. At this point, having had some difficulty deciding on a "quiet" case to purchase (and only now realizing the difficulty of grommet-mounting drives in a case that was not intended for this application), it is somewhat a cry of desperation. In any case, just a thought. Let me know what you guys think. Take care.

PS If any vendors are interested in this idea, please let the SPCR community know.
Last edited by LushMD on Wed May 21, 2003 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

George

Post by George » Wed May 21, 2003 10:00 am

Too bad they wont be carrying the x21 case it looked promising. I wonder what ExoticPc.com found to be "unremarkable ". It cant be worse than most cases out there.Sure it lacks 120mm fan mounts but are they absolutely neccessary for a silentpc? One option I would like to see is an optional 5.25 removable drive cage (instead of the usual 3.5) This could be useful for people who mount their drives in the no vibes or smartdrive enclousures. The drives would benefit from being closer to the front intakes.