P180 New Front Panel (not just the door)

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

ct991

P180 New Front Panel (not just the door)

Post by ct991 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:04 pm

I'm posting this in a new thread so it doesn't get buried in the discussion about the new door.

For Those who have received new doors, have you received a new front panel along with the door? If so, does this new front panel have a magnetic power button with no power symbol on the face of it? Are there any other differences you've noticed with this new panel?

If you have received a new door only, does pushing on the front of the door hit the power button and turn the computer off?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:51 pm

I don't know about the button, but when I got a new door from Antec, they sent it with the bezel as well.

rogereld

Post by rogereld » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:37 am

I purchased a P180 recently. The front door supplied was curved/warped. A quick word with the supplier resulted in a new and modified front door arriving by post from Antec. The new one has aluminium on the outside and inside of the plastic door panel, and is completely flat. I did not receive a replacement bezel.
I have tried pushing on the door to see if it activates the power switch. It does not. The power button does not have a symbol on it, so it may be already modified from the one you are referring to. I think it is magnetic.

Locklear

Re: P180 New Front Panel (not just the door)

Post by Locklear » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:17 pm

ct991 wrote:For Those who have received new doors, have you received a new front panel along with the door? If so, does this new front panel have a magnetic power button with no power symbol on the face of it? Are there any other differences you've noticed with this new panel?

If you have received a new door only, does pushing on the front of the door hit the power button and turn the computer off?
I have both an old and a new version of the p180, and the differenses are as follows:
1. Front door has gotten an aluminium backplate, and now looks completely flush with the frame, and has also gotten "dead" like the sandwitched side panels
2. Power- and reset button have been sunken a bit into the frame so it's much harder to accidentally hit either
3. Magnet added to the front door in line with the power button

No chance of hitting the powerbutton with the front door.

Edit: The powerbutton on the new front has the normal power symbol on it

fyak1

Post by fyak1 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:13 am

I can't fault Antec Europe for their after sales service.

Emailed them on the 5th March about my crappy case door, received an apologetic response on the 6th asking for my postal address (no mention of providing proof of purchase), recieved another apologetic email on the 7th saying it would be posted that day, recieved the door today... Wow!

Have to say i'm hugely impressed with an 8 day turnaround particularly as the door was posted from Rotterdam in the Netherlands.

For your information I already had the new front panel so I was sent just the door. The new door has the extra aluminium sheet on the inside. So far so good and a pleasing solid feel compared to the original.

mbetea

Post by mbetea » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:34 am

That's nice. Going on 4 weeks now waiting for me. I have the old style door which is warped badly and both side panels are coming apart. I called today to see if I could get any kind of update and they still don't know.

psiu

Post by psiu » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:29 am

I got *just* the door (the new one with aluminum on both sides).

It does hit the power button. Rather annoying. Antec support said they don't have that problem. It would certainly appear that the newer power buttons are recessed...which is necessary as one of the additional magnet locations on the new door hits the original power button.

Just bought a new case for 2nd computer...it wasn't an Antec.

psiu

Post by psiu » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:37 pm

Update:

I just got a new front panel!!!

Haven't had any contact with Antec support for over a month I believe.

*waves at AntecRep* :) :shock: :?:

russsss

Post by russsss » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:31 am

Got my new front door about 3 weeks ago - it came as a complete front, not just the door - I didn't want to replace the whole thing though (having hidden my USB/LED cables) so just swapped the door - works a treat and no warping so far. Doesn't hit the on/off switch either when closed (if that helps).

nightic

Re: P180 New Front Panel (not just the door)

Post by nightic » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:35 am

Ignore - figured it out now.

dxx

Post by dxx » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:28 pm

I'm thinking of buying a P180. I can't really find any other case that I like the look of. Is there a way to tell whether any of the P180 being sold online ships with the new door/front? Or has somebody had good experience in getting it from a particular reseller who seems stocking units with the new door/front?

Thanks,
Dxx

krille

Post by krille » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:01 pm

dxx wrote:I'm thinking of buying a P180. I can't really find any other case that I like the look of. Is there a way to tell whether any of the P180 being sold online ships with the new door/front? Or has somebody had good experience in getting it from a particular reseller who seems stocking units with the new door/front?

Thanks,
Dxx
I kind of wonder this too. At what point did Antec start shipping P180:s with this new front door? Was it just yesterday or was it yesteryear? How sure can one be of getting the good version?

Thanks ~ Kris

dxx

Post by dxx » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:46 pm

So what does the new front panel look like? How do I tell the difference once I get it? Does the new panel have aluminum on both sides as opposed old only having aluminum on the outside of the panel?

Sure would appreciate any help you could provide.
Dxx

reyn116

Post by reyn116 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:22 pm

I got my P180 last week.

* The door has aluminium on both sides.
* The door closes by a magnet
* The power button has a power symbol on it, reset button has no symbol

walla walla

Post by walla walla » Tue May 02, 2006 12:14 pm

I got my new front panel, but as I though might happen, they sent me a silver one, and I have a black case. Oh well, I guess I'll just send them another e-mail. Despite the wrong color, the door works great.

metalmorphasis

Post by metalmorphasis » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:16 pm

Just got my front door w/bezel, and the two side panels.
Went from warped and silver to black and beautiful!
I had to say it one more time,...Thanks Antec!

Wiseblood

Post by Wiseblood » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:17 pm

So there is a definite change in the bezel as well? When I told Antec about my warped door I got just a new door, no bezel. I tried to follow up with them to possibly get a new bezel but a rep denied there was any change to the bezel then closed my ticket.

The new door definitely warps less than the original door, but it could fit better around the I/O panel. The door has magnets around that area but they're not catching on my bezel.

metalmorphasis

Post by metalmorphasis » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:18 pm

You may have to get back to them on that.
When I ordered mine, they referred to it as a "front panel"
I too was wondering if they would have sent me the bezel attached but they did.
Just write them back and explain to them you need the bezel as well, since they are a matched set with the door.

metalmorphasis

Post by metalmorphasis » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:34 pm

And, yes, the old and new bezels are virtually identical, except the power button is magnetic.
I just checked :!: