Are the new P180 fan clips for sale?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

djnotepad

Are the new P180 fan clips for sale?

Post by djnotepad » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:01 pm

According the the P180 postscript theres the new clips you can put in the mid chamber

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article255-page13.html

I was wondering if Antec or anyone are going to be selling these clips? I'd really like to use them as my vid card is definately running hot in the summer.

Trunks

Post by Trunks » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:21 pm

I don’t think it would be difficult to use a paper clip. For silence I don’t think you would be helping your self with a direct coupled fan.

MisterOblivious

Post by MisterOblivious » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:50 pm

From the looks of it, Antec ditched the "paper-clip" style fan clip in favor of something more robust. Take a look. I picked up a p180 the 1st of June and it has this style of fan clip on the upper drive bay. It still came with the VGA duct and standard slot covers, but has the revised door and fan clips. Maybe SPCR recieved a prototype of the updates.

GrayBeard

Post by GrayBeard » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:39 am

I have a new model P180 without the hood and the fan clips are a pair of wires that click into the holes on the sides of the upper drive bay. The 'robust' things you are seeing in the picture are the brackets for the slide out drive trays.

DanW

Post by DanW » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:47 am

How long has the new revision been available? I've still got the VGA duct on mine! hmmm not entirly happy, might try and contact the shop I got it from and see... I don't want my door warping at all.

I could see a reason why you'd only want to have a few of the slots like the updated version - air flow. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

MisterOblivious

Post by MisterOblivious » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:17 pm

GrayBeard wrote:I have a new model P180 without the hood and the fan clips are a pair of wires that click into the holes on the sides of the upper drive bay. The 'robust' things you are seeing in the picture are the brackets for the slide out drive trays.
Ahhh, so true. I haven't made use of the upper drive bay yet and didn't realize those clips were part of the drive mounting system.Image
Considering how
well

it
works
as a fan clip, I'm a bit supprised Antec would even bother with the "paperclip" mounting method.

fyleow

Post by fyleow » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:01 am

I emailed Antec support about the issue before I saw the post about the Drive bays working so well. Just email Antec and they will send you some fan clips if you want for free.

russsss

Post by russsss » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:43 am

I just used some long black "bag ties" (4-5 inches long) to go through the fan holes and then through the drive bay holes - seems to hold them quite secure, as my P180B was before the paper clip versions....

May give Antec an email though to see if they'll send some paper clips for nowt....

Russ

russsss

Post by russsss » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:27 am

Top customer service from Antec - raised a query asking for the cost of the fan clips, and was told they'd been shipped... they arrived a couple of days ago!

Mari0-Br0s

Post by Mari0-Br0s » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:36 pm

Hey guys, I got a question for you. Looking at the picture of the revision with the clips and the fan on, how can you put any harddrive in this drive bay. I don't see the mounting bracket of the HDD anymore... ??!!!

Beside, does anyone of you know where we can buy the new PCI-Slot thing for a better airflow?