Antec P150 PSU issue resolved yet?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

NoiseFreeGuy

Antec P150 PSU issue resolved yet?

Post by NoiseFreeGuy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:40 pm

I read an update on this site today:

"Update Jan 3, 2006 - Antec P150 recommendation put on hold until bundled NeoHE PSU issues are fully resolved. "

I'm considering a P150 and would like to know if the issues have been fully resolved yet?

Thanks!

swiharta

Post by swiharta » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:33 pm

I think it depends on what stock the place you are buying from has. I know that I had two dud PSU's (wouldn't power up unless tons of extra stuff was plugged in to the power cables). I sent them for RMA in ~March-April (forget) and I got two great working PSUs back from them. So, you'll end up with a good one either way, if you can deal with a possible RMA situation.

Anvar
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Anvar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:33 pm

According to the P.S. from this link
Aside from the color, there are also a couple of minor changes to appease the gods of product differentiation. Most importantly, the SOLO does not include a power supply, perhaps because of the murky issues of compatibility surrounding the NeoHE 430 (now mostly resolved) that shipped with the original P150. Still, the power supply will likely be missed by some, as the pricing of the P150 with the bundled NeoHE is one of the cheapest quiet out-of-the-box case/PSU combinations ever.
it seems so.

NoiseFreeGuy

Post by NoiseFreeGuy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:19 pm

swiharta wrote:I think it depends on what stock the place you are buying from has.... So, you'll end up with a good one either way, if you can deal with a possible RMA situation.
Thanks Swiharta!

NoiseFreeGuy

Post by NoiseFreeGuy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:22 pm

Anvar wrote:According to the P.S., it seems so.
Thanks Anvar. Man there are so many things to be on the look-out for with a new rig. I was worried about the power supply, now I learn that the original rubber O-rings were inferior.

Longwalker

Post by Longwalker » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:34 pm

Has anyone had recient experience with a P150 from NCIX? I'm assuming NCIX has high enough stock turnover that they'll have updated cases only, but first-hand accounts would be useful.

BlueCan
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by BlueCan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:12 am

NoiseFreeGuy wrote:
Anvar wrote:According to the P.S., it seems so.
Thanks Anvar. Man there are so many things to be on the look-out for with a new rig. I was worried about the power supply, now I learn that the original rubber O-rings were inferior.
If you call Antec support, they will send out "replacement" O-rings--which are the new ones delivered with the Solo.

-Patrick