Noctua chipset heatsink NC-U6

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Noctua chipset heatsink NC-U6

Post by Tzupy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:21 am

I found this review at madshrimps: http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=528
Although I find it flawed, because of no comparison with HR-05, and I suspect they didn't use a thermal probe, I think it's still worth reading.

paulesko

Post by paulesko » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:07 am

I have both, noctua and termalright. And I can say that termalright is better by 3º or so.

Calgarian

Post by Calgarian » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:37 pm

I've bought the Noctua to be used in a system being built for me.

Most of the reviews I've read have been very positive. I'm expect it to do quite well.

s_xero

Post by s_xero » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:00 pm

I've read some reviews about the Thermalright HR-05 and the Noctua NCU-6, I don't recall the pages though..sorry

They were both passively and actively (with the same slow fan@5v/setup) tested.

:?: In one review the Noctua won, by a view degrees when cooling passive. While active cooling the lead extended..

:?: In another review, while both's cooling went passive, the Thermalright was bettering the Noctua passive by a few degrees. Still the Noctua got the active-cooler-crown.

:idea: Together with paulesko's post, I would conclude that the HR-05 is cooling better than the NCU-6 when used passively.
With low airflow, the Noctua NCU-6takes the lead - this is probably due to the construction of both heatsinks.

The most important differences (I think)

:arrow: Thermalright HR-05(SLI):
2 heatpipes
perforated fins

:arrow: Noctua NCU-6:
4 heatpipes
closed fins (no holes like the HR-05)