Help needed with RMClock...

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Boissez

Help needed with RMClock...

Post by Boissez » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:16 am

Hi everybody.

I'm having power saving issues with my Athlon X2 3600+ (Brisbane) on my Asrock AM2NF6G-VSTA hopefuly somebody here can help me out.

I have been running this rig stable @ 2700 Mhz with FSB=285 and stock voltage (1,35V) but as soon as I enable some power management it crashes - this prolly due to the idle processor running @ 1425 Mhz with only 1,1V.

So I tried RMClock instead of windows Power Management to get it running idle with sligthly more voltage (I've tried any voltage between 1,1 and 1,35V) but it still crashes when throtling down! Surely this processor should be able to run with a 5x multiplier and 1,35V - so what am i doing wrong here?

Your help is greatly appreciated. :D

chinna_n

Post by chinna_n » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:23 pm

I got the same problem with RMClock on K8NGM2-FID with RMClock. even at stock clock speeds. So I created only two steps 5x and 10x with same voltage. Manually changing the profile is running fine. May be this MB also has same problem (6100/405 vs mine 6150/430).

Try changing profiles in RMClock manually and see if it works without crashing.

jojo4u

Post by jojo4u » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:42 pm

You could try to change the advanced settings. The voltage steps or the timing should be a first try.

Boissez

Post by Boissez » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:20 am

OK I've tried only using two steps (5x and 9,5x) - but still no success... whenever i load RMClock the system freezes :-/ ( Although I'm fine up to 255 FSB)

I've tried fiddling around with some of the advanced CPU settings but gotta admit I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing :roll:

Can someone explain me which ACPI-states to alter?
C2, C3, C0 FID/VID, C0 Throttling, S1, S3, S4/S5, C1 ... it's all a bit confusing... :?:

jojo4u

Post by jojo4u » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:41 am

I can't help you more since I don't have an AMD system.

chinna_n

Post by chinna_n » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:15 pm

Boissez wrote:OK I've tried only using two steps (5x and 9,5x) - but still no success... whenever i load RMClock the system freezes :-/ ( Although I'm fine up to 255 FSB)

I've tried fiddling around with some of the advanced CPU settings but gotta admit I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing :roll:

Can someone explain me which ACPI-states to alter?
C2, C3, C0 FID/VID, C0 Throttling, S1, S3, S4/S5, C1 ... it's all a bit confusing... :?:
Hmm,

First I would suggest starting the PC with stock speed. Start RMClock, select no management and update the profiles with max voltage( or default whatever you are able to use). Check only two profiles, 5x and 9.5x. set the same voltage for the both steppings.

And finally, uncheck 'Load on startup' option , so that it does not load automatically.

Now select, profiles settings for Performance on demand(5x and 9.5x), Power Saving 5x, Max Performance 9.5x.

No select Power Saving Profile, and see if the PC is stable for a while. Then select Max Performance profile and use it as usual and see if it stable for more time. Once you find everything is stable then select Performance On Demand and see if things are stable.

If everything is stable, then go with your OC gradually.

About the other settings, I doubt if there is anything useful for this chipset.
I experimented a lot with the Help of RMClock author with various settings, but nothing Helped in my case.(see the thread for K8NGM2-FID on RMClock forum, and main thread for K8NGM2-FID on anandtech forums).

If you see horizontal stripes when your system hangs, that typically indicates CPU did not get enough voltage. It is possible problem may only occuring when CPU speed switching happens.

Anyways best of luck with your attempt.

Palindroman

Post by Palindroman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:01 am

Do you have the latest version of RMClock (2.25 I believe)? My 3600+ didn't function well with the previous version either.

I had some trouble testing my X2 3600+ (Brisbane). Every time I would open a second Prime95 for the other core, the CPU wouldn't go to 100% but stay around 50% (both cores) until the system crashed. With a testing program called BurnInTest both cores would go to 100% and the system would remain stable at 0.8v idle and 1.0v load.

Did I do anything wrong with Prime95?

burebista

Post by burebista » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:09 am

Palindroman wrote:Did I do anything wrong with Prime95?
You launch them from two separate folders, right?
But why you don't use Orthos instead 2xPrime95?

Boissez why don't you ask right on RMClock forum?

Palindroman

Post by Palindroman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:12 am

burebista wrote:
Palindroman wrote:Did I do anything wrong with Prime95?
You launch them from two separate folders, right?
But why you don't use Orthos instead 2xPrime95?
Thanks, I will try this later today.