Request for heatsink recommendation - new build

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

psklenar

Request for heatsink recommendation - new build

Post by psklenar » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:01 pm

System Purpose: replace my roughly 5yo, maxed out, tired and damnably noisy Socket 478 Biostar SFF as a day-to-day general purpose PC (email, net, graphics editing, word processing, financial processing,etc) and backup game machine (I have a dedicated LAN gaming SFF; this will be for playing games my LAN group doesn't, mostly the newest ones that our gaming systems have trouble with :) ).
  • Case: Antec Sonata III
    Power supply: Antec Earthwatts 500 p/s (included with case)
    Motherboard: MSI P7N SLI Platinum
    CPU: Intel E8400
    Video: ECS N8800GT-512MX+ (the one that comes with the S1 cooler)
    Memory: four standard height DDR4 modules
    Storage: a pair of WD GP drives in RAID1
I'm buying everything through Newegg due to a few hundred dollars of gift certificates and the "0 payments, 0% interest for 12 months" offer. I'd like to go with a Thermalright heatsink, but they are out of stock on all models with no ETA's. So then I started thinking of going with a Ninja Rev B but have recently seen several posts around here indicating that that sink has some issues.

So ... what would folks recommend for this build?

Thank you in advance!
pat----

psiu

Post by psiu » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:42 am

Disclaimer: I don't own a Ninja or a modern Intel board.

The main problem with the Ninja is the mounting system--it uses the standard plastic pushpins which aren't the best maybe for its overall massiveness, and especially after repeated install and removal procedures.

Most are happy with using a Thermalright bolt-thru kit which fits the Ninja on Intel boards quite nicely. Do a search for that and you should be good to go.

Plekto

Post by Plekto » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:19 am

If you can find it, the Thermalright IFX-14 is a slightly better option.

In a recent Toms Hardware lineup of cpu coolers, it was the only one that could adequately cool a system with only the rear fan installed (similar to a Ninja without a fan and the rear fan 1-2 inches from it). I suspect it's because of the open center. If you look at most designs, the fact is that the center is useless for most designs as fins attached to heat pipes are only effective up to maybe 1/2 inch on either side of the pipe for passive cooling. The entire center area on the Ninja is dead weight/there for essentially structural reasons, and it's why it's hard to run passive without excellent airflow.

To be more exact, by the time the metal in the center areas heats up to where it's radiating heat out, the CPU is already too hot - and this shows up in the Antec 150 case review here - the Ninja went into thermal runaway, or looked like it was(they yanked the power) when they removed the fan and let the rear fan 1-2 inches from it take over. That means that there's a design flaw somewhere, and looking at it, I suspect it's that there's actually too much metal.(it's always possible to force air through of course with a fan right on a heat sink)

Oh- by flaw, I mean from a perspective of passive cooling. It's an excellent cooler with a fan on it - but it's got design flaws that hinder its passive ability. To be fair, though, unelss the thing is designed from the ground up with passive as its only goal, it'll likely have problems.

Optimally, a heatsink cooler would look like an upturned bug. 6-8 legs(heat pipes) coming out and each one having about a 1 inch diameter tower of fins around it, with nothing except maybe a metal brace at the top to keep them all aligned. Obviously mounting a fan to this would be not an option. The IFX-14's idea of having at least the center removed seems to be an effective enough compromise.

EDIT:
It's a bit of a compromise - you're not looking for extreme cooling. In fact, stock cooling would be adequate if you could say, do it without going deaf. The beauty of the IFX-14 is that you can get stock coling results with a single fan on low or by running your exhaust fan a bit faster. Bu going as close to purely passive as you can manage, you keep noise down.

psklenar

Post by psklenar » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:34 am

Plekto,

I find that an interesting design, especially with the back-of-board pipe & sink combo. My concern is ... at 161mm from bottom of the sink to the top of the heat pipes ... that's 6.3434". The Sonata III case is documented as being 8.1" (205.73mm) wide. Take into account the motherboard tray, standoffs, motherboard, socket and CPU ... will an IFX-14 fit in the case?

psiu,

Are you saying that the Thermalright LGA775 bolt thru kit works with non-thermalright sinks? never would have thought of that. hmmm ...

Thank you both for taking the time to respond!
pat----

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:37 am

well, at the same time you have Scythe's Mine, which is a similar cooler to the IFX-14, only not on such a large scale. the Scythe Mine only has 3 heatpipes coming from the CPU going into two sides. I'm not sure about fan usage either, i've never seen someone use it with a fan directly on the heatsink.

basically, the IFX-14 has a backplate and the heatpipes have a larger distance between them, and there's one additional heatpipe.

the other large difference is the fact that the scythe mine can only have a fan in one place, the IFX-14 can have one fan in 3 different places, or two fans, unless you're stupid and put three on it.

either way the IFX-14 is better, but the ideas were just expanded upon.
------------
but if you're putting the cooler on an E8400, i'd say a Scythe Mini Ninja could do just as good as an IFX-14...remember that the Wolfdale cores are not as hot as the Prescott or Conroe.

dhanson865

Post by dhanson865 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:03 pm

Scythe Mine didn't test well at SPCR.

What dBA level are you targeting?

Scythe Andy is a decent option and it may come with a nice slipstream fan now, even if it doesn't the old stock fan is still a decent fan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835185042 in stock

Heatsinks Compared at ~23 dBA@1m:

Code: Select all

Heatsink/Fan                             Noise Fan V  °C Rise °C/W MP Height Weight
Asus Triton 75, Nexus 120         ($45)  23   12      18      0.24    90/115 473* (350+fan)
Thermalright SI-128, Nexus 120    ($45)  23   12      21      0.27    92/117 633* (510+fan)
Thermalright SI-128 SE, Nexus 120 ($60)  23   12      ??      0.??    92/117 633* (510+fan)
Scythe Andy with stock fan        ($45)  20   12      16      0.21   100/125 685  (???+fan)

Scythe Ninja Mini, stock fan      ($40)  28   12      19      0.24     115   678* (580+fan)
Scythe Ninja, Nexus 120           ($50)  23   12      14      0.18     150   788* (665+fan)

Thermalright Ultra-120, Nexus 120 ($55)  23   12      15      0.19     161   868* (745+fan)
TR Ultra-120 eXtreme, Nexus 120   ($??)  23   12      12      0.15     161   913* (790+fan)

bendit

Post by bendit » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:11 pm

the Scythe Mine was not a successful design and is being phased out. In this day of low power CPU designs, you can do a lot worse than the Scythe Minja.

psklenar

Post by psklenar » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:11 pm

bonestonne,

Thanks, but as the others pointed out, the "Mine" wasn't viewed all that highly in reviews I've been able to find. I still wonder if an "IFX-14" would find in the Sonata III case? :twisted:

dhanson865,

I don't have the tools to determine an exact dBA I'd like. I do know I'd like to get as quiet as realistically possible in the constraints of the case & processor chosen and still be able to safely play some of the modern, system taxing games occasionally (a couple of hours a week at the most). Beyond that, it's email, web surfing, word processing, financial processing, photo (not video) editing, music listening (and ripping/encoding - i rip my own CDs for my own MP3s) and occasionally watching a video (this is not being used for a home theater or "movie" watching). Oh, and I do tend to run either Seti@Home or a Folding process when I'm not around.

If I can get by with a passive CPU sink, or one that I only need to speed up the fan during game play, that would be ideal. If I need a fanned cooler to be safe, so be it ... I want the quietest I can get because my SFF's fans have driven me to distraction and I'm finally READY for quiet! :)

The "Andy" looks interesting. It looks like it should help cools some of the components near the CPU, but the SPCR review leads me to believe that looks are deceiving in that regard. But looking at your embedded chart, it does look to be quieter than the normal Ninja & fan combo, although it does let the CPU get a bit warmer ... and it's lighter ... which means less mass cantilevered off the mother board when it's in the case ... hmmmm ... I wonder if I should still go with the Thermalright bolt-through kit with something this heavy?

bendit,

The Ninja Mini looks awfully noisy compared to the other sinks on that list above your port?? ALbeit it is a whole heck of a lot quieter than the stock Intel sink/fan! :lol:

Thank you ALL for taking the time to try & help guide me through this research.

pat----

binary visions

Post by binary visions » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:24 pm

I have a Scythe Mini Ninja cooling my Wolfdale core.

It has a 120mm fan hooked up to it. I didn't want all the weight/stress (or cost) of a large heatsink. So I just installed the mini ninja, and bent the wire brackets a little to accommodate a low RPM 120mm fan. Inexpensive, cool and quiet.

It's overclocked... 3.8GHz and running at 1.275v, and in Prime95 it only gets up to 50 degrees under max load for a long period of time. Not bad, I'd say.

lorn

Post by lorn » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:46 pm

psklenar wrote:It looks like it should help cools some of the components near the CPU, but the SPCR review leads me to believe that looks are deceiving in that regard.
The first thing I thought when I saw it was "it pushes hot air down to the motherboard's components". And that's the problem with that kind of heatsinks, they don't evacuate the heat, they just move it somewhere else inside the case. That's why I'd lean toward something using a fan duct. Unfortunately, Newegg doesn't have the HR-01 Plus and their HR-01 is just too damn expensive for a 2+ years old heatsink. The E8400 doesn't require much cooling (wait before you have its stock heatsink in your hands :lol:) so whatever you choose it will be more than sufficient for its need. If anything, you'll have to ramp up your case fan during gaming to cool down your video card. TriCools seem to draw a LOT of air when they're on Medium/High.

It's just my educated guess, considering I own a different case (P182) and I'm still waiting for my HR-01 Plus to arrive, but if I was you I'd go with that cheap Ninja Plus for two reasons. First because it pushes hot air towards your case fan, and also because a lot of people around here are using it on hotter CPUs and I haven't seen anyone here complain much about the cantilever effect, although I remember someone posting photo showing from the thermal paste marks that there was less pressure on the top side of the CPU after one year of use. I'd probably "suspend" it with a couple of rubber bands to fight the cantilever effect.

HTH

Plekto

Post by Plekto » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:34 pm

That picture of the Sythe is indeed similar. But you don't mount ANY fan on it. That missing center section would allow the IFX-14 a good 30-40cfm to be pulled straight through between the fins.

So you run a very thick(50mm or so if you can find it) rear 120mm fan. This should give you 1/2 inch clearance or so. I think it will *just* fit in that Antec case with the duct and everything else removed. Another trick is to gut a 120mm fan and mount the gutted one as a duct/mount to make the working fan closer to the heatsink. Optimally right up next to it. The open area inbetween the two sides would allow for case air to be pulled through as well at nearly the same efficiency as a 120mm fan normally would.

But apparently, the thing can still only handle 100W max, so it will work fine on say a 8200/8400/etc or other 65W processor, but not on something hotter. You also will need the rear exhaust fan to be nearly full speed(~9V at least, maybe 12v), so selection here is critical.

So you would have the following setup:
120mm exhuast fan.
Power supply fan - something with a 120mm fan facing the heat sink.
Slot fan at 5-7V below the passive GPU heatsink to pull off air and not send it to the CPU heatsink.(optional but highly recommended, given how hot cards are getting lately)

2-3 fans and very very quiet without major mods or expense.

P.S. Dremel/cut out the exhaust fan grille. You want as fast and low pressure airflow out the rear as you can manage. Running passive you need to move lots and lots or air quickly as air absorbs very little heat unless you put the entire assembly under pretty high pressure/force the air through it at much higher speeds.

dhanson865

Post by dhanson865 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:26 am

binary visions wrote:I have a Scythe Mini Ninja cooling my Wolfdale core.

It has a 120mm fan hooked up to it. I didn't want all the weight/stress (or cost) of a large heatsink. So I just installed the mini ninja, and bent the wire brackets a little to accommodate a low RPM 120mm fan. Inexpensive, cool and quiet.

It's overclocked... 3.8GHz and running at 1.275v, and in Prime95 it only gets up to 50 degrees under max load for a long period of time. Not bad, I'd say.
The Ninja Mini is a very nice heatsink. I still wish the stock fan on it were a 92mm or 100mm fan.

Code: Select all

Scythe Ninja Mini, stock fan      ($40)  22    9      21      0.27     115   678* (580+fan)
Scythe Ninja Mini, Nexus 92       ($??)  20   12      ??      0.2??    115   678* (580+fan)
Scythe Ninja Mini, stock fan      ($40)  28   12      19      0.24     115   678* (580+fan)
A Nexus 92mm is just about the same airflow as the stock 80mm at 8 less dBA. That is a huge difference in noise.

Keeping with what you can buy at Newegg you have two 92mm choices and two 100mm choices

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835185032
92mm Scythe 2100 RPM Ball bearing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835186004
92mm Arctic Cooling 2000 RPM Fluid Dynamic Bearing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835185025
100mm Scythe 1500 RPM Sleeve Bearing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835185024
100mm Scythe 1000 RPM Sleeve Bearing

If you get one of the 92mm fans you don't have to bend the clips on the Ninja Mini.

The 1000 rpm 100mm fan will be quieter if you don't use fan control of any type. The 1500 rpm 100mm fan gives you head room if you plan to use a fan controller.

Using a 120mm fan like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835185057 is overkill but if you have one laying around that is already paid for it beats buying a new fan.

dhanson865

Post by dhanson865 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:52 am

Earthwatts in a case with not a lot of airflow I'll call it 22 dBA at idle and it might ramp up to a more noticeable level.

Antec Tricool 120mm on low (which might not be enough airflow) about 20 dBA but the noise character isn't the smoothest. You might have to go to switch on high but hard wire for 7v and be around 23 dBA and even then I don't know if it is enough air if that is your only case fan.

Two GreenPower hard drives lets say that'll be around 22 dBA

You may need to put a 120mm intake fan in the front of the case.

You may have a 92mm, 100mm, or 120mm fan on your CPU.

Noise is cumulative/additive not a flat value so five 22 dBA noise sources do not equal 22 dBA overall.

All in all with those limitations you'll have to shoot for quiet not silent.

If you aren't set on the case you might consider

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811129018
Solo

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817139003
Corsair VX450W

It'll cost you twice as much as the Sonata III/Earthwatts combo but you'll have better airflow and a much better PSU.

You'll still have a 120mm tricool on the rear but you can use two 92mm intakes hardwired for 5 volts for the intake and the air flows over the hard drives better as the drive cage is inline with the fans (on the Sonata it's rotated 90 degrees)

Of course you could just get the Sonata and replace the PSU later and eBay the Earthwatts...

psklenar

Post by psklenar » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:10 am

lorn,

Thanks for the idea of "suspenders" for the full size Ninja. I'd suspect I need something a bit more substantial than rubber bands ... I would expect them to have issues with the heat. :) But maybe some heat resistant silicon tubing as a sling ... ?

dhanson865,

Wow, i go out for a couple of hours and come back to some seriously comprehensive info. I can't thank you enough!

I know that Nexus fans have been highly respected here on SPCR for years. I have no problems replacing the case fan and going as quiet as i can on the CPU heatsink ... where's a good source for Nexus fans these days?

I am pretty set on the Sonata III case ... my home office is a public room in the house, so looks count. And I really do prefer the look of a closed front case. I know I could much better acoustically and thermally with something like the P182 and still have my closed case, but it's nearly 5" taller and would therefore stick up above the side of the desk too much (it's going to sit on a custom made, mission style cherry shelf (APC SmartUPS 1500 sits on the bottom shelf)).

Since I'm set on the case, I'm stuck with the power supply since the case isn't available without it. I've entered the drawing for the Modu82+ power supply. If I don't win one next Friday ... I watch prices and replace the Earthwatts in the not too distant future.

In regards to the CPU heatsink ... I'm leaning towards the conclusion that one of the two Ninja's is my best bet and that the Ninja Mini plus a Nexus 92mm fan running full time may be my best compromise since I have no plans for overclocking. Still torn though.

The last machine I worked with that ended up with a control was a Shuttle ST62K ... control dangling out the back of the case (I also cut out the fan grill on that case). But the box is effectively silent from more than 18" away. What's recommended for fan control these days?

Again, thank you very much for sharing your time and knowledge!

pat----

lorn

Post by lorn » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:04 pm

Actually, when I talked about rubber bands I was thinking about craft sewing elastics, like that one. I'd expect those to withstand at least some degree of heat before deteriorating (hey, you don't cold wash all of your clothes :)). Plus, they're woven so even if the rubber part deteriorated it wouldn't break because the fabric wouldn't break. In order to avoid direct contact with the heatsink, I'd try to hook up the elastic to the fan hooks if they are strong enough, or I'd probably use fittings like those to hook on the heat pipes. Of course this is entirely theorical at that point, I still have to experiment it myself :)

Article of interest: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article109-page1.html
Action shots: viewtopic.php?p=396136#396136

psklenar

Post by psklenar » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:51 pm

lorn,

ah! yes, i used some of that material in my ST62K build to suspend the 2.5" drive. Good stuff, but I'm not sure how reliable it'd be wrapped around heat pipe. I think your idea of using hooks on the end makes excellent sense ... but I'm not sure there'd be enough room for a hook & any length of cord between the heatsink and the power supply support frame at the top of the case?

pat----

Blood
Friend of SPCR

Post by Blood » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:44 pm

I second the Ninja with bolt thru kit option. You can get the bolt-thru kit from sidewinder (Thermlaright's not so official byt official accesories store) or get screws and nuts from your local store. Just make sure you have some long skinny screw drivers.

I also choose the ninja over the minja because (with your setup and no OC) you can duct the exhaust and lose the CPU fan.

The recommendations for the IFX-14 referenced tom's review and I have to say that that review is utter crap. Their methodology was questionable and they reviewed tower sinks with the fan blowing down.

dhanson865

Post by dhanson865 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:38 am

psklenar wrote:I know that Nexus fans have been highly respected here on SPCR for years. I have no problems replacing the case fan and going as quiet as i can on the CPU heatsink ... where's a good source for Nexus fans these days?
I don't buy Nexus anymore. I bout some 80mm Nexus back in the day but now I just hit Jab-Tech for fans and buy based on RPMs and Price (with the Slipstream series being the exception to that logic as they push more air per RPM than other fans).

A $4 fan at 5v is often just as good as a Nexus at 12v and way cheaper. If I'm buying a 92mm fan or 80mm fan I buy on price and use voltage to slow them down. I don't care if the fan is made by Yate Loon, Scythe, or Arctic Cooling (though I only buy the fans with the traditional frame).

At 120mm I buy Yate Loon if I'm being cheap or Scythe Slipstreams if I'm treating myself.

I don't buy Noctua because they are overpriced and because they are situational fans. If I buy a fan I want it to work will no matter if I use it for intake, exhaust, or heatsink use. If Noctua fans were as cheap as Yate Loon fans I'd consider them but at their price level they are a non starter for me.

You said you had NewEgg discounts so I didn't mention jab-tech earlier but if you want to compare

92mm fans
http://www.jab-tech.com/home.php?cat=80 ... irection=0

120mm fans
http://www.jab-tech.com/home.php?cat=81 ... irection=0

for less than $4 a fan you can buy a lot of spares.

Of course the slipstreams are $8 each if you feel like going for top quality.

You'll be able to find similar fans at newegg if you prefer, they are slightly more expensive but if you have store credit how can you complain...

psklenar

Post by psklenar » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:27 pm

dhanson865,

Again, thank you VERY much. Now you've got me "browsing the aisles" over on Jab-tech. Gee, thanks! :P

I should find out tomorrow if I'm getting the E8400 I think I am. If so, I suspect I'll be ordering the majority of the setup after work tomorrow.

Thank you!
pat----

oxygen200000

Post by oxygen200000 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:19 am

Dont make the mistake... Dont take the IFX 14... Is not perform very well... Very expensive and very heavy... The base is not flat and need a lapping work...
I think is clever to pick the Scythe Ninja + TR BoltThru KIT.
With Ninja fanless+BoltThru i keep my E6750@3000MHz @ about 25-30°C idle and 46-50°C Ful load (Orthos 2h).
Last edited by oxygen200000 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

psklenar

Post by psklenar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:29 am

Thank you very much oxygen200000. I've pretty much decided on the full size Ninja.

pat----

psklenar

Post by psklenar » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:53 am

Blood wrote:I second the Ninja with bolt thru kit option. You can get the bolt-thru kit from sidewinder (Thermlaright's not so official byt official accesories store) or get screws and nuts from your local store. Just make sure you have some long skinny screw drivers. ....
Is this (SidewinderComputers) the bolt-thru kit folks are talking about? If so, how do I mount a Ninja to it? At a guess ...
  • 1. Pull the "push pins" out of the standard Scythe LGA775 mount
    2. Mount the LGA775 mount to the Ninja
    3. Feed the Thermalright screws/bolts thru the former pin holes and into the sub-board bracket
Is that right?

Thanks,
pat----

oxygen200000

Post by oxygen200000 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:18 pm

A picture is more than thousand words... so... Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhI74UC9KRc

psklenar

Post by psklenar » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:42 pm

oxygen200000,

Thank you! Kit ordered. I have my NewEgg package (delivered Friday). My CPU is on schedule for delivery Tuesday. Once this arrives, I should be ready to put it all together. <fingers crossed>

pat----

hyuga

Post by hyuga » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Will the Scythe Ninja work on a Gigabyte DS3R? I have been waiting a week to get an Ultra120, but it is still out of stock on Newegg.

The stock Intel fan is noisy and is driving me mad. I am willing to purchase anything that will cool an E8400 quietly that I can get this week.

Scythe Ninja + bolt-through kit?

oxygen200000

Post by oxygen200000 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Yes.. the Ninja will work great fanless or with a low RPM fan(Noctua NF S12 800).
You'll gonna OC the E8400? If you'll do that ,Noctua NH U12P or Scythe Mugen + Noctua NF P12 is a better choice... In every case(except for the Noctua because it has his own bolt kit) TR BoltThru KIT will help...

hyuga

Post by hyuga » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:20 am

I was not planning to overclock the E8400. I was hoping for a quick and easy fan replacement for the stock heatsink, to avoid having to take the system apart and minimize downtime.

However, if there are no feasible choices to do this "quick fan replace" and keep it quiet and cool, and I need to take the motherboard out to install a heatsink, then I would prefer to do the work and get something good. At that point, I might as well overclock. ;-)

So, any choice to just replace stock Intel fan? Or is this not worth it and I should go "all out" and get a Ninja + Noctua NF P12 or Mugen + Noctua NF P12?

Thanks!

oxygen200000

Post by oxygen200000 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:45 pm

If you don't want to OC the beast and you wan to have a super silent rig, chose Ninja + Noctua NF P12/S12 or fanless. If You wan to get everything E8400 can give get the Mugen + 2X Noctua Nf P12 push-pull...

hyuga

Post by hyuga » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Awesome, thanks for helping me Oxygen!

I want quiet, so I will go with the not overclocking option.

E8400 on DS3R on P182 going with:

Noctua 120mm NF-S12 800RPM + Scythe NINJA PLUS Rev.B + LGA775 Bolt-Thru-Kit

Can I also replace all three (3) 120mm case fans with the same Noctua 120mm NF-S12 800RPM fans and keep it quiet and cool?

I was a little concerned when I read a few posts of the S12 not being good as a case fan for the top mounted one... Is this the case? Should I go with a P12 instead? How much noise would a P12 add versus an S12?

oxygen200000

Post by oxygen200000 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:21 pm

In my system are only 2x Noctua NF S12-1200 and my temps are great...