The Scythe SlipStream fan compared at equal airflow

Closely moderated reviews by forum members willing to share their experience and accept stiff peer review. Open only to registered forum members.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

CyberDog

Post by CyberDog » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:07 am

Really sad news. I and probably a whole community of silencers will mis him and his work.

NeilBlanchard

Re: Sad news for Felger followers

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:19 am

Greetings,
TPeterson wrote:I am very sorry to report to Felger Carbon's friends in this forum that I just learned today of his death last Wednesday.

Having known him for the past 25 years, I am very sad that we'll not be reading more of his SPCR (and other) exploits.
Please pass along my condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed here on SPCR, and I'm sure by all who knew him.

fri2219

Rats.

Post by fri2219 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:06 am

I always looked forward to his posts- after I spend a few weeks away from spcr, his nickname was one the search terms I used to triage for worthwhile reading.

People who can disagree without being disagreeable are far too rare- I can only assume he was as genial, interesting, and naturally curious in person as he was online.

Sizzle
Patron of SPCR

Post by Sizzle » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:26 am

He contributed so much to this forum and our cause. Condolences go out to this family.

continuum
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by continuum » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:29 pm

Condolences from myself and many of us on Ars Technica. :(

Nephew of Felger Carbon

Post by Nephew of Felger Carbon » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Greetings to all friends of Felger Carbon,

Felger Carbon (Hal Hardenbergh) was my uncle. Thank you for the kind words and condolences expressed by a number of you here on SPCR. I thought you might enjoy hearing just a little about him.

Hal W Hardenbergh was 72 years old. He completed his training in EE at the University of Southern California and worked as an engineer, inventor, and entrepreneur in the early days of the California electronics/computer industry (since the early 1960s). He was born in 1936 in the deep South (Alabama). The W stands for Winston. His mother was an elegant Southern lady from Tennesee. Hal's father was a Naval war hero from WWII. Hal's family moved to Southern California in 1947 and he was then raised on the beach in the Venice/Ocean Park area next to Santa Monica. Yes, the rest of his biography is absolutley accurate as told by TPeterson and JShaker.

Yes, Hal W Hardenbergh was quite a character. More importantly, he was a kind human being of deep intellectual curiosity. He was also a wonderful uncle and always full of stories. He was larger than life in our family. We were so proud of him. He will be profoundly missed. Hal is survived by his older brother, Thomas, and a younger brother, Charles, and by a variety of nieces and nephews.

I hope Hal was a helpful and interesting contributor to his collegues and friends on SPCR and in the computer world. I would love to hear any personal stories any of you have and are willing to share about Felger Carbon. Please contact me via this website. Thank you.