RAM RAD BY [Zalman]

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

cercle

RAM RAD BY [Zalman]

Post by cercle » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:05 am

:wink: YES ZALLMAN offers something interesting ,a rad for your ram ,it is as big as the card ,it is a ram rad that uses thermal PADS + SCREWS and BOLTS !!!I use to replace pads ,i will do it again on this,then use my usual CPU paste+bolts,springs and screws .I wonder if a test including ARCTIC S1 or S2 + 2 120 fans+ZALLMAN ramrad could be done, it is easy to build ,it is the combination of two good brands'products , anybody did it ????MIKE CHIN???it is cheap 10 to 20 Euros , i think, i hope you will test it .By the way, i forgot to say , that it is sold as a part to enhance the VF 1000'efficiency,you may buy it easely?? :roll: :lol: pleeeeazsze :cry:

cercle

RAM RAD : ZM-RHS88 by ZALMAN

Post by cercle » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:41 am

Cercle again ,yes i have some info , it is a part ,complement of VF1000,so you may find it ,nearby, zm-rhs88,remember zm 80 ,except it is designed for ram , i think ,it should help the S.. from Artic to cool a little more?!TEST,TEST!!!,Mr,CHIN,Please??:Arctic S+2Fans120Scythe+Zalmans'zmrhs88

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am

You may want to type in your native language and use babelfish to translate. That punctuation is a little hard to navigate, my friend. :?

I doubt you'll be seeing a review anytime soon for a product like this. Most GDDR can be cooled with a little airflow even without heatsinks. Only on a very high-power GPU/VRAM would you need anything more, and most who travel in these circles try to avoid those components (though some do, most with very basic VRAM cooling). $30 for an oversized ramsink is a bit much and costs as much as the Accelero S1, so the value isn't quite there, I think.

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:31 pm

if you're referring to the Zalman RHS88, that's only made to work for the nVidia 8800 Ultra GTS or GTX.

it might fit under an Accelero S1 cooler, but i wouldn't place my bets.
at the same time, the Accelero S1 comes with heatsinks to place on the RAM. why buy a heatsink for the RAM that costs as much as the Accelero S1 just because it uses a bolt-thru mounting design?

and why on earth would you put two 120mm fans on the Accelero S1? its designed to run fanless or one 120mm fan is more than sufficient.

cercle

Zalman+Arctic+GPU?

Post by cercle » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 pm

:) 1900xtx512+Arctic X1,that's the gpu Mr Chin uses on test.I got it on my beginners' pc.The x1 is an error ,it blows right on the mobos' southbridge radiator, so warm , the alarm is ringing over 65 centigrades.Since then I'm a little paranoïd,I bought it ,so the ram would never loose its' rad thermal pad,screws and bolts are safer than pad.Finally I got my surprise,otherwise :shock: .Nowadays, I think of cooling ,no matter the gpu, I hope there will be improvements,no misfits .My post was a bit too enthusiastic;from my point of view, the more a cooling is efficient,the less you need too use it.Otherwise , a wrong purchase will lead to ...the shop,again,new gpu,rad,fan,ramrad.I can't get rid off my gpu,I will replace the cooling,I hate spoiling money .Moreover,Nv has no serious challenger ,you red Mr Chin post about AmdAtis' new product line.They aim at the mass,gpu for internet, hd movies,I found an other post from Europe:Amd says :research cost too much for its return on investment.Intel or Nvidia are waiting , so do I.I red some of your old post,it seems jhhoffma is good at hard testing ,poor hdd..,beware of LR22,they "travel" weirdly sometime,I shot myself using it,it was a teenager test,aiming at a oak log ,hard wood it is, the 22 bounced back to my glasses,bending it a little bit :? :shock: You have seen 280 test by Mr Chin?Need cooling idea!?Z+A? :wink: