Recommend a high quality, high capacity CD wallet

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

blackworx
*Lifetime Patron*

Recommend a high quality, high capacity CD wallet

Post by blackworx » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:28 am

Just what the title says - does anyone have any recommendations for a high quality, high capacity (>200) CD wallet? I'm sick fed up of rubbish ones that fall to bits.

So far I've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities, but I can't believe these are the only options out there...

UDG 280, Slappa 240 Hardbody Pro and Caselogic 320

lm
Friend of SPCR

Post by lm » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:59 am

So I guess ripping those 200 CDs to an external hard drive is not an option?

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:19 am

I've never had a CaseLogic go bad on me. They are tough. I usually get the "leather" ones though.

I had two of these in my car some time ago, but then I realized that most of my CDs were burned MP3s anyway, so I should just have disks of MP3s since my deck can play them.

Now I only have one case with twice as much music that I never listen to. :roll:

blackworx
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by blackworx » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:59 am

lm wrote:So I guess ripping those 200 CDs to an external hard drive is not an option?
:lol: Already got most of 'em ripped, but I still need somewhere to store 'em. I threw out all the jewel cases years ago before I moved to a different country, but the big wallets I've used since then have never lasted more than a couple of years.
jhhoffma wrote:I've never had a CaseLogic go bad on me. They are tough. I usually get the "leather" ones though.
That's good enough for me, so I've ordered one. I liked the idea of a funkier-looking case (let's be honest, Caselogic stuff looks like it was made in a boredom replicator) but then again it'll mostly be sitting in a corner. Besides, finding a Caselogic half price helped no end with the decision-making ;)

bishyb

Post by bishyb » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:32 am

I use Slappa 240 CD wallets for DJ'ing and they're miles better than UDG/Generic cd wallets, very solid cases indeed 8)

blackworx
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by blackworx » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:53 am

Good to know cheers, cos I'll be needing a "proper" one pretty soon. This one's for the stacks of freebies and burnies I have lying around the place, half of which might never get played again but I still can't bring myself to chuck 'em out.

Nice to see a fellow Dundonian on the board :D

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:56 am

This looks pretty solid :D

blackworx
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by blackworx » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:08 am

Used to have one just like it. Great if you know what you're looking for, but sadly hopeless for browsing.

bishyb

Post by bishyb » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:54 am

Few photos of a Slappa 240 for a fellow Dundonian :D:

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Already got most of 'em ripped, but I still need somewhere to store 'em. I threw out all the jewel cases years ago before I moved to a different country, but the big wallets I've used since then have never lasted more than a couple of years.
Seems like your just moving them into storage and wont actually need to use them again, at which point anything should be OK and last decades.
Besides, finding a Caselogic half price helped no end with the decision-making
But as it seems your now sorted anyway its a moot point.
Nice to see a fellow Dundonian on the board
Now you can turn this post into a Jock chit-chat about the terrible weather, Haggis and who hates the English the most :P :wink: And that statement should do nicely in helping you acheive the English hating quite well 8)

Andy

blackworx
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by blackworx » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:27 am

We're not all jingoistic English-hating bigots with chips on our shoulders, in fact some of my best friends are crumpet-munching imperialist pigdogs :P

And I thought talking about the weather was one of the few national obsessions we actually share?

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:42 am

We're not all jingoistic English-hating bigots with chips on our shoulders, in fact some of my best friends are crumpet-munching imperialist pigdogs
:mrgreen:

That was so funny, you actually made my stomach hurt, excelent comeback.
And I thought talking about the weather was one of the few national obsessions we actually share?
It certainly is a national pastime, and some years ago when I took a tour of much of Scotland I found that your weather is not as bad as people think. I had an excelent sunny week, whilst it was raining at home in London.

Andy

blackworx
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by blackworx » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:06 am

andyb wrote:
We're not all jingoistic English-hating bigots with chips on our shoulders, in fact some of my best friends are crumpet-munching imperialist pigdogs
:mrgreen:

That was so funny, you actually made my stomach hurt, excelent comeback.
Thank you - just doing my bit for international relations. The tourist dollar's on the slide these days so we need all the goodwill we can get :D
It certainly is a national pastime, and some years ago when I took a tour of much of Scotland I found that your weather is not as bad as people think. I had an excelent sunny week, whilst it was raining at home in London.
If you want to keep that good impression I'd definitely avoid Edinburgh in February.

hillkitler

Post by hillkitler » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Look around here: http://www.meritline.com/cd-dvd-wallet- ... lders.html

They have all kinds of binders/wallets, including a great selection of hard cases.

Edit: Nevermind...I'll leave that link up for anyone else who might have the same problem.