Phenom application for undervolting

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

prodeous

Phenom application for undervolting

Post by prodeous » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:33 pm

Did anyone find any Windows application that allows me to mange the multiplier/voltage in similar way like RMClock. I know that RMClock is currently beta testing new release that might finally support Phenoms, but are there any other apps that have been updated to support the Phenom?

I'm stuck on AMD 690 so Overdrive utility is a no go. Plus I'm not sure it can perform the modifications to the Cool and Quiet settings like RMClock.

Spare Tire

Post by Spare Tire » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 pm

http://phenommsrtweake.sourceforge.net/

Sorry for the necro revive. Actually, the program doesn't change P-states by itself, it seems. And it's not developed anymore.
So what about AMD Overdrive? Can you undervolt with overdrive?

DAve_M

Post by DAve_M » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:22 am

I use crystal cpuid and it works great. I've set up my own power profiles and undervolted at idle. I'm not using a phenom tho.

http://crystalmark.info/software/Crysta ... dex-e.html

Nighthog

Post by Nighthog » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:52 am

I would recommend K10STAT for phenom cpu's.

I use it, works flawlessly.

Spare Tire

Post by Spare Tire » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:14 am

Tried both K10stat and PhenomMsrTweaker now.
I have the new Athlon II X2 250 on a J&W Minix 780G motherboard. Using CPU-Z to validate my undervolt, at 800MHz, no matter how low i set the voltage CPU-Z never goes below 1.2V. Setting it at 1600MHz (FID 0, DID 0), the voltage never goes below 1.192V. However, at full 3000MHz, it can go as low to the point where orthos would report errors (about 1.100V).
I'm quite dissapointed with the inability to undervolt to its potential, i was wondering if it was my CPU (it's too new?), or the program (it's too old?), or my motherboard.

Also, i wanted to know, what's a DID? What's a divisor? Does the clock that i get out of applying a divisor mean the same thing as the CPU throttling?

EDIT: Okay, i figured out it was my bios settins. I have to leave voltage on auto or else it overwrites anything below the set voltage, that's what was capping it.

Also, now that NB voltage can be changed, does anyone know of a program to stress-test the northbridge?

Manabu

Post by Manabu » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Prime 95 (the new one that loads all the four cores) or OCCT. In both you can set the size of the data-set. Even small datasets seems to stress the CPU-NB, as it probably uses the L3 cache. But I think the ideal is to use large datasets (but I'm not sure).

prodeous

Post by prodeous » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:41 am

Thanks for the replies.

I to found that K10STAT seems to be quite useful.

Now I'm stuck on a ASUS with 760 chipset, which also is not supported by AMD Overclock (which ticks me off as it is in he 7xx series of chipsets)

still K10Stat is nice to adjust voltages and lower mutlipliers. but still AMD Overdrive still has the advantage in the HTT and other settings.

With regards to that phenommsrtweaker. I tried it, but it automatically crashes on my current Win7 64 beta.

But thanks for the feedback.

Also to the list of Prime95 and OCCT, add HyperPI (Super PI with multicore management - autolaunches as many as you have cores).