Michael Jackson passed away

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Vibrator

Michael Jackson passed away

Post by Vibrator » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:01 pm

:(

I loved his music too.

colm

Post by colm » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:37 pm

I listened when his strange ways took off in the 1980s. I was preteen. I knew not to think much of it, there were other unique acts at that time. I still wonder if his mission just simply got railroaded...eventually hacking his own health. The accusations about kids. One doesn't go that far that loudly as a pedohile. A star has agents and ideas and paths to take when swamped that much with too many directions.
I really did not care for the music, but did have some recorded on cassette from the radio...before the cds.
A part of music history, I remember the video "thriller" most of all, it may have changed/created a whole genre, as many videos followed from other bands. If I am not mistaken, flock of seagulls, the other weirdos, also had a video. Anyway, RIP, we all meet the true judge eventually. The plastic hack jobs on his skin probably led to the younger death. God did not make us to do that to ourselves. or whoever guides one to stay away from bizarre surgery...

LodeHacker

Post by LodeHacker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Still listening to his music and like it :(
I can do the Moon Walk too :?

RIP.

Matija

Post by Matija » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Damn :(

relitz

Post by relitz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:54 am

Once the again the world says good bye to one of the greatest musicians of all time.

R.I.P

I'm listening to his music right now.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Scuttlebutt here in Los Angeles is that he became deathly ill after eating a five year old wiener.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:59 pm

Ralf Hutter wrote: that he became deathly ill after eating a five year old wiener.
Ouch... To quote ancient romans:"de mortuis nil nisi bonum" i.e. let us not speak ill of the dead... yet...

Even I got it perfectly right, which means I manage to understand duality or my brains stoped working 1 am and its 3 am now...

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:36 pm

In my country, a major online shop sells 1 CD of him every 10 seconds. Usually they sell about 9 a day.
They're now sold out.

In the usual shops, all his CD's are sold out as well.

For those looking, maybe ebay...

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:23 pm

He died of a drug overdose of prescription pain-killers mixed with other medications and fasting to get into shape for his next tour.

Vibrator

Post by Vibrator » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:49 pm

m0002a wrote:He died of a drug overdose of prescription pain-killers mixed with other medications and fasting to get into shape for his next tour.
He wasn't fasting

He had a poor diet for the past few years

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Post by frenchie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:39 pm

:(

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Ralf Hutter wrote:Scuttlebutt here in Los Angeles is that he became deathly ill after eating a five year old wiener.
How old was the bun?

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi,

Has his personal physician been located? I heard rumors of overdose -- on Demerol, possibly? He apparently had run up over $100K debt at the local pharmacy in just the 13 months or so that he lived in this rented mansion. They were suing him to get their money, but he was deep in debt -- I've heard either 400 million or 770 million in debt. Pretty sad -- I'm sure he was not happy with his life.

And the repeated child molestation issues are very troubling.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:25 am

Isn't it amazing how the mighty have fallen?

I have noticed that all the positive comments have come from Europe and all the negatives come from the US. I know when I was a kid, MJ was huge in the US and a pop icon, but I was always amazed when I saw how he was revered in the rest of the world. He was fawned over as one would a god.

I choose to remember him as the young man he was before the pop culture turned him into a twisted wraith-like image of his former self. Just as I'm sure many Elvis fans choose to remember him as he was earlier in life, before he lost self-control and gained all the excess weight.

Scoop

Post by Scoop » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:41 am

Not until they're dead, do people respect what they've done. MJ received so much crap for the last years, now that he is gone, people realize what he was. He left a legacy.

LodeHacker

Post by LodeHacker » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:53 am

Scoop wrote:Not until they're dead, do people respect what they've done. MJ received so much crap for the last years, now that he is gone, people realize what he was. He left a legacy.
Albert Einstein? Need I say more?

Reachable
Friend of SPCR

Post by Reachable » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:52 pm

I still get angered to think of the preposterous child-molestation charges that were made against him. Yes, he automatically invited suspicion with his singular practice of sharing his bed with children, singular because only he could have done so openly. But the charges happened about 12 years apart, during which he hung around with children constantly, none of whom ever mentioned molestation. If you know anything about human sexually, you know that drives, urges and behaviors don't just happen once every 12 years. The first case was apparently the father of the child getting revenge for Jackson having backed out of a business deal. The second case was a family of con artists.

The media in the U.S. refused to admit the obvious for fear of diminishing their lucrative focus on scandal.

augelita

Post by augelita » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:25 am

Why do ppl alway defend him that he had a desease or w/e? But Why doesnt he show proof he actually had that disease or w/e and y does he always do plastic surgery in his nose??! And his eyes, and his chin, and his cheeks and his lips!! U kno y?? b/c he doesnt like his own race!! He could of only done the bleach but he didnt want no trace of him beeing black! b/c u can tell how they are black wen u see their nose, their lips, their eyes!! God blessed him with beeing black!! And he didnt accept it! I like The old micheal Jackson way more thn the new one! Who else Likes the Old Michael Jackson better than the new one?

mathias

Post by mathias » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:38 pm

:|

I heard he had all that surgery to not look like his father, who abused him. He didn't just make himself look not black, but also less masculine. Well, except with the facial hair, that looked quite mismatched on him.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:41 pm

More like he tried to make himself look more like Diana Ross, which he was very close with a young person.

Look at him about mid-transformation and he looks like either Diana Ross or his sister Latoya.

RoGuE

Post by RoGuE » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:53 am

there's no doubt about it, he was really [effed] in the head. And I attribute it to his [effed] up childhood..hell, you'd have to be [effed] up with a childhood like that.

Despite all that, he was one of the best singers/performers of all time..and the record sales confirm that

alleycat

Post by alleycat » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Not a big fan of his music, but there are one or two songs I like. I don't hold any strong views about him, although I do find him kind of weird. Here's what someone wrote about him in our local newspaper today:
THE creative process is usually a window into the mind of the creator. With Michael Jackson, it seems especially so. With so many theories on whether he was an innocent manchild or a pedophile, maybe the truth can be found in his work.

As a young adult, he realises how different he is, and calls his first album Off The Wall. He starts to sexually explore, and calls his next album Thriller. But he's unsure about the nature of his desires. In the title track's filmclip his character alternates between caring lover and sinister ghoul. He makes it clear, by the end, that the caring character is a pretence, and that his real pleasure, seen on his face as he watches the horror movie in the cinema, derives from the dark side.

As this private tug-of-war plays itself out in real life, he suspects he actually is evil, and calls his next album Bad.

When he starts to take more liberties, he becomes worried he may be caught. He calls his next album Dangerous. When he is taken to court, he suffers the humiliation of the trial, and repents, calling his next album History. When he realises he is able to quash sexual misconduct claims by paying off the claimants, he releases Invincible and constructs a 20-storey statue of himself.

It's all conjecture , but this conjecture is based on what the man himself has been saying.