Anyone read/speak German?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

TheAtomicKid

Anyone read/speak German?

Post by TheAtomicKid » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:21 pm

http://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/lu ... gs/s01.php

The physical design on the fans looks interesting.

Atomic

Meijer

Post by Meijer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:48 pm

I don't think you want me to translate the entire review, so perhaps have a look here:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_ur ... =Translate

TheAtomicKid

Post by TheAtomicKid » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:49 pm

I apologize, I didn't seriously mean for anyone to go to the trouble. I was simply bringing the review/product to peoples attention. I've used babelfish before, but I generally find the results tedious to mull through. Thank you for the link though, I'll be looking through it later this evening.

I just thought the physical design on the fans looked like it had potential, and it's easy to tell they got a decent score... looked like 5.9 out of 6 possible, if my memory is correct.

Atomic

dowhacky

Post by dowhacky » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Let me know if you still need some specific passages translated.

Hypernova

Post by Hypernova » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:24 am

hopefully someone can get one in their hands and test them. The blade design certainly looks interesting.

mbf

Post by mbf » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:38 pm

German c't magazine (issue 15/2009 if I recall correctly) tested them against fans from Scythe, Noctua and NoiseBlocker amongst others and they came out on top (they also had good things to say about the Sharkoon Silent Eagle fans).

EDIT: Here're the fans, they tested (according to this):

Sharkoon Silent Eagle SE 120 mm, Scythe Kama PWM 120mm, Scythe Kama PWM 92mm, Arctic Cooling F9 Pro PWM, Jet Air Engine, Papst 4412 F/2GLL, Papst 3412 N/2GLLE, Listan bequiet! SilentWings USC 120 mm, Listan bequiet! SilentWings USC 92 mm, Sharkoon Silent Eagle SE 80 mm, Listan bequiet! SilentWings USC 80mm, CEMOS Jersey ZYK-801G, CEMOS Jersey ZYK-1201G, Noctua NF-S12B FLX, Blacknoise M12-P, Blacknoise M8-S3HS, Blacknoise M12-S3HS

K.Murx

Post by K.Murx » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:10 am

I doubt that site is very reliable.
It reads like an advertisement, and then there are gems like
Durch spezielle Bauteile und eine neue Motorengeneration soll es weder elektrische noch magnetische Geräusche geben.
which translates roughly (too early for me to worry about style) to
Electrical and magnetic noise are suppresed by using special parts and a new motor generation.
Yeah, right. :lol:
Regardless of that, 16 Euros (~$21) for a 120mm case fan? That is simply too much for me. Slipstream 800s are at $9...

mbf

Post by mbf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 am

K.Murx wrote:I doubt that site is very reliable.
It reads like an advertisement, and then there are gems like
Durch spezielle Bauteile und eine neue Motorengeneration soll es weder elektrische noch magnetische Geräusche geben.
which translates roughly (too early for me to worry about style) to
Electrical and magnetic noise are suppresed by using special parts and a new motor generation.
Regardless of that, 16 Euros (~$21) for a 120mm case fan? That is simply too much for me. Slipstream 800s are at $9...
I've no idea where you get that quote from, but I know that c't is probably one of the most reliable IT magazines. And a proper translation of that quote would be:
Due to special parts and a new generation of motors there supposedly is neither electric nor magnectic noise.
(I'm German by birth :))

I'd love to see some more reviews of the new be quiet! fans, though. Oh, and "over here" (Europe) Scythe fans are much closer to $20 than to $9.

K.Murx

Post by K.Murx » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Sorry, I meant the site in the very first post :) The c't is behind a paywall...
mbf wrote: (I'm German by birth :))
Me too. Err, and actually I fail to see why your translation is better ;)
mbf wrote: I'd love to see some more reviews of the new be quiet! fans, though. Oh, and "over here" (Europe) Scythe fans are much closer to $20 than to $9.
O rly?

mbf

Post by mbf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:54 pm

K.Murx wrote:Sorry, I meant the site in the very first post :) The c't is behind a paywall...
Oh, I thought you were dissing c't... :)
K.Murx wrote:Me too. Err, and actually I fail to see why your translation is better ;)
Kewl, two Germans meeting in a Canadian forum. :) I'm living in Denmark, by the way. As for the original German wording from that review (if it can be called as such), it more questions the validity of the statement than confirming it. At least that's how I read it.
K.Murx wrote:
mbf wrote: I'd love to see some more reviews of the new be quiet! fans, though. Oh, and "over here" (Europe) Scythe fans are much closer to $20 than to $9.
O rly?
What I usually see here in Denmark (and for that matter also in other European shops) are the Scythe S-FLEX fans and at prices that are closer to the $20 I mentioned (usually about DKK 100, which is approx. $19 right now). Good find, though. :)

Terje

Post by Terje » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:44 am

K.Murx wrote:
I am shocked!

Are you saying that magnetic noise does not disturb you?

People with insensitive ears like you have nothing to do here. Hush! Go back and play with your hairdryer!

:D