What Ever Happened to <insert your product here>?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

What Ever Happened to <insert your product here>?

Post by aristide1 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:15 pm

My product would be - menthol shaving creme. I haven't seen any in years. Why? That's all I purchased when it was available.

I even used it for shaving on occasion. :twisted:

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:29 am

Most of the foams are being replaced by gels (because the makers can charge more). Just like the blade race. Add more blades, and we can charge $12/pk for 4 blades. Ridiculous.

That being said the Fusion does work well, and I found a cheap equivalent at walmart for 1/3 the cost.

Personally, I don't use the foam, except when I travel (it's really small). I use the Nivea Shave Gel for Sensitive Skin :oops: . Along with their after shave balm :oops: :oops:

The wife loves the result.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:51 pm

That's fair, but why not offer menthol in a gel :?:

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:48 am

They do, usually it's label with "cooling" somewhere on the can.

Doesn't have the same effect though with all the extra emollients that are added in the gels now.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Nobody else can come up with some products?

OK, I'll go again. What ever happened to Bugle Boy jeans? Great fit and look, long lasting, OK price. Made Levis look and feel like flimsy junk.

qviri

Post by qviri » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:51 pm

I miss Thermaltake's ultra-pathetic knock-off "products"... What am I to make fun of now? Poking fun at Apple gets old after a while.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Do you ever get the feeling that all these companies that create all these little gadgets that all of a sudden we can't live without (but did all our lives) are pretty much the equivalent of electronic drug dealers?

Here, taste this, it's really good. <insert euphoric rush here>

tehfire

Post by tehfire » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:32 pm

Whatever happened to standard brakes on back wheels? On my last two cars (2001 Mazda Miata & 2006 Pontiac G6), the front calipers are "standard", which is to say to retract the pistons all I do is take a clamp and push them back in. But to retract the rear pistons requires some kind of black magic. I nearly broke one caliper on the G6 trying to retract the piston by forcing it (ok, I lied...I did break it...$364 mistake). For what it's worth, I had to spin the piston clockwise to make it retract. Had to do an internet search to figure that out. And for the Miata, it requires something like taking tiny bolt A off the caliper, inserting some device, turning it some direction, putting the new pads in, then turning the thing in the other direction, but not too much or not too little. Where's goldilocks when you need her? Why oh why can't we just have standard calipers that retract by pushing them back on rear wheels?

colm

Post by colm » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:15 am

Here, taste this, it's really good. <insert euphoric rush here>
Here, taste this, it's really good. It is a VRM. Pop one and you'll pop many.
Just buy a whole new motherboard, make it fancy, many colors, black and gold, red and silver , blue and white, just keep popping VRMs...mmmm good.

Wibla
Friend of SPCR

Post by Wibla » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:34 am

Whatever happened to the coolermaster stacker STC-T01? idiots at coolermaster cancelled production of one of their better cases :evil:

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:34 am

...my personal massager that fell between my seat cushions.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:27 pm

tehfire wrote:Whatever happened to standard brakes on back wheels? On my last two cars (2001 Mazda Miata & 2006 Pontiac G6), the front calipers are "standard", which is to say to retract the pistons all I do is take a clamp and push them back in. But to retract the rear pistons requires some kind of black magic. I nearly broke one caliper on the G6 trying to retract the piston by forcing it (ok, I lied...I did break it...$364 mistake). For what it's worth, I had to spin the piston clockwise to make it retract. Had to do an internet search to figure that out. And for the Miata, it requires something like taking tiny bolt A off the caliper, inserting some device, turning it some direction, putting the new pads in, then turning the thing in the other direction, but not too much or not too little. Where's goldilocks when you need her? Why oh why can't we just have standard calipers that retract by pushing them back on rear wheels?
There are only 2 operative words in the automotive manufacturing vocabulary. The first is:

LOWEST

The second is:

BID