P182 front audio panel problem

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

dragonfire

P182 front audio panel problem

Post by dragonfire » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:12 am

Hi all,

I've had my trusty P182 for >2 years now. In every way, it has been an excellent case, and I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

I recently discovered a small issue with the front audio. Hoping you guys can help me out.

- I got a new pair of headphones (Sennheiser HD201), and they sound excellent. But when I plug them into the front audio panel (connected to the HD Audio connector on my Asus mobo), I get a faint crackle.

- I plugged the headphones directly into the back of mobo. No crackle.

- I installed a dedicated soundcard (Creative Xfi Xtremegamer). The crackle was even worse on the front panel and still non-existant on the back.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? From a quick web search, I'm guessing the problem may be due to the fact that the cables for the front audio panel are unshielded. Any ideas for a solution?

Thanks,
--Jonathan

corrion

Post by corrion » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:18 am

Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?p=514609
Last edited by corrion on Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hayate19XX

Post by Hayate19XX » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:41 am

I got the P183 with the hole for accessing the CPU backplate (one of the newer one i think?), anyway the problem with the static sound is also on the newest versions.

KayDat

Post by KayDat » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:10 am

As per thread linked by corrion, contact Antec support. I had the new P183 with CPU backplate hole as well, and my front panel also had electrical noise issues. Antec sent me a front panel module for free, and it has a blue semicircle sticker on the side, and no noise issues.

dragonfire

Post by dragonfire » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks so much for the helpful suggestions. I will go ahead and contact Antec support.

Was it difficult to replace the front panel module on your case? I assume it's a similar process for the P183 and the P182...

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Das_Saunamies » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Mine not only has terrible audio connectors, one of the USB ports works very unreliably (it's actually an electrical hazard), so I've disconnected it altogether. To add insult to injury, a magnet on the door fell out when I swung it shut in frustration. I glued that back with krazy glue.

Unbelievably shoddy work in a premium-price case. I'm not contacting Antec, I'll just refrain from ever plugging in front connectors again. 8)

dragonfire

Post by dragonfire » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Hmm... unexpected issue. Does anyone know where to find the Serial Number? Antec says it's on the power supply, but the P182 doesn't come with power supply!

Jay_S
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Jay_S » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:35 am

dragonfire wrote:Hmm... unexpected issue. Does anyone know where to find the Serial Number? Antec says it's on the power supply, but the P182 doesn't come with power supply!
Right below the S/N form field on Antec's site it says this
QA stamp date #: (Chassis stamp—only for chassis)
Seems to me you fill in either one of those fields: S/N or chassis date stamp.