looking for an Atx very silent case

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ugo1

looking for an Atx very silent case

Post by ugo1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:03 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a silent case to put in my bed room. The computer must be on 24/7 so... with the cpu working at 100% in some hour of the day weather modelling program

Actually I have an lian 354 but hard disk cages are very noise and are the only noise source the cpu (i7 2600) is cooled by a noctua heat sink which is very very silent

I would like to have also a front panel usb 3 support.

Regards

Ugo

Akustyk

Re: looking for an Atx very silent case

Post by Akustyk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 am

I think that the good, old Antec P183 V3 is going to work nicely for you. Consider reading my post viewtopic.php?f=17&t=62962 for a build that might suit you. The key is not just the case, but also setting up a smart fan and temperature control system. I let my motherboard adjust fan speeds, to some degree. It's been doing a very good job of that.

Other options are going to be the Fractal R3, which is good esp. if you have many hard drives. Typically, you can retrofit a steel or aluminum case to be more sound-proof, but the cost is going to be higher than buying a case designed to be silent. It's going to have to be solid and heavy.

ugo1

Re: looking for an Atx very silent case

Post by ugo1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:00 am

Hi,

I already own the 193 and I love it, but I would like change is the R3 as silent as the 183 v3?

Regards

Ugo