Stupid question re plastic bezel on Antec Sonata

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

davidstone28

Stupid question re plastic bezel on Antec Sonata

Post by davidstone28 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:36 am

How do I get the damn thing off?

Because theres only 1 side panel, I only seem to be able to get at and remove the 3 plastic lugs on the left side of the front bezel but I can only get to 1 lug on the right side (the rest seem to be blocked by the drive cages etc)

I don't want to use too much brute force to remove it for fear of breaking something. Am I supposed to remove all the 5.25inch drive etc first before I attempt to remove the bezel? Do I have to get at all the black blastic lugs on the right side of the front bezel as well before I can remove it?

Any help would be appreciated

buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:04 am

There is no easy way, but this is how I did it. For the right middle lug, you can reach in through the hard drive cage and push it. Now the tough one-- the upper right lug, take off the 5 1/4 drive and/or drive face cover, reach in through the first round hole on the right side of the drive cage frame and push.

Of course, it helps to have small hands.

davidstone28

Post by davidstone28 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:59 am

Cheers Buzz - I'll get I'll have to remove all the drives and poke a screwdriver in there!

Tom Brown

Post by Tom Brown » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:23 pm

davidstone28 wrote:Cheers Buzz - I'll get I'll have to remove all the drives and poke a screwdriver in there!
That's what I did. It wasn't that difficult, actually.