Interesting Races and Folders-on-the-Move

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Interesting Races and Folders-on-the-Move

Post by haysdb » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:56 pm

In no particular order, the interesting "races" and "Folders on the move":
  • ColdFlame and grandpa_boris. Although no longer a "race" inasmuch as ColdFlame has passed grandpa_boris and isn't looking back, both are fun to watch right now because they are rising through the ranks so quickly, and it could definitely become a race if either's production changes even a little.

ColdFlame is at 106 (team rank), but you have to expand the list of Upcoming Conquests to 50 just to see who he will pass before the end of this year.

grandpa_boris at 110 isn't (currently) rising quite as fast, but could rise 32 places in the next 30 days.
  • Mormakil. It gets harder to overtake the higher you get in the rankings, but Mormakil is predicted to overtake 22 folders in the next 30 days. What could become an interesting race is Mormakil and ColdFlame, and possibly grandpa_boris.
  • PaleMelanesian. Although Pale can do little but wave as I go by this week, at 60th position, he will be solidly into the mid 40's by year-end and has no other threats.
  • Buddabing at #56 will suffer being passed by PaleMelanesian and myself in December, but will pass 10 others, so will make the top 50 by year end.
  • Frank_Condron and mas92264 is a battle. Both are producing in the low 2000's per week.

Frank is currently at #46, but with the 6th highest weekly production, will be all the way into the mid 20's by year end.

mas92264, at #42, and currently 10th highest producer on team SPCR, will pass all the same people as Frank, but Frank may overtake him at the end of the year.
  • tangled and Cosine, soon to be joined by WarpedPlatter. tangled is currently 4th highest producer on Team SPCR, with WarpedPlatter in 5th, then Frank_Condron, and then myself. Cosine is not far behind, in 9th on the weekly totals chart. Zhentar is 8th, but at #5 overall, all Zhentar can do is try to maintain his position. I am on Zhentar's Potential Threats...for the year 2030! :lol: tangled could catch him in 2005. :D
David
Last edited by haysdb on Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:29 pm

Yep, looks like the gloves are off. I have a 266 fsb matx mobo and box sitting about 6 feet from me, on the floor. Hmm, let's see, 2400 thorton is about $85. Already have memory and hd; spare hub hookup at the ofc. Wait! I bet that'd make a good folder! :twisted: Should put me over 2,500 a week.

Good work by all the above, and of course all the others with one machine crunching away, slow but steady progress.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:05 pm

Just got my backup server going with proper hard disk cooling. Its only a P3-566, but FAH Stats is showing it at about 115ppw right now. Which is not too far behind my non-SSE enabled 1.4ghz AMD. So sad.

If I get another T'Bred chip with SSE, I'll gain about another 250ppw. And another 150ppw back if I toss my current Palomino chip in the motherboard I've got laying around. That'll take a few more spare parts though.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:36 pm

For those of us who have built a few PC's, it seems like we are perpetually only a couple of components away from putting another machine together. Heck, I look around me and I see:
  • motherboard
  • cpu (Athlon 1800)
  • heat sink
  • fans
  • hard drive
  • CD drive
  • power supply
  • case
  • Windows XP Home license
The only thing I'm missing is one DIMM. Oh, and a video card. Damn, why did I sell that old video card I couldn't see a need for any more?

The thing is, the reason I have the cpu and motherboard is I had some problems with the machine they were in and spent two weeks trying to get it to work, and ended up buying a P4 and motherboard, so I might just be buying myself some frustration by trying to put another PC together. And I already have one machine who's sole purpose in life is to Fold, which serves NO other purpose. I must be madd to consider a second such machine. Not just that, but I'm running out of rooms in my house to "host" them. The noisy XPC is in the guest bedroom. I'd need an Ethernet hub to put another machine in that room.

Obviously there is NO point in trying to fight it. I WILL at least make the attempt to build another working machine. I am so weak. :lol:

David

mormakil

Post by mormakil » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:47 am

Haysdb thaks for your resume :D. I like them very much.

I have to say, that lately I don't know exactly where all my points come from :D. I don't know if I'm confused with Dyyryath stats but it seems to me that I'm being credit for more wu that I actually complete :?

Well, that's not posible I think, maybe it's just that my folders are getting out of my control :D. That's a good sign of increasing folding.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:57 am

Maybe someone is folding under your name? Maybe once I get to a point where I'm not overtaking anyone and not being overtaken by anyone, I will do that just to be ornery. :D

David

mormakil

Post by mormakil » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:03 am

I don't think so, it will have to fold for the same user and also the same team. It shows 4 active processors which is correct also. Maybe it's just my imagination :D

CoolGav

Post by CoolGav » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:34 am

Where do you get these stats (like the daily production)? I've recently started folding for SPCR and am tearing through the lower ranks (#155 as I type)... Out of interest I run 1/2 of a dual PIII@600, my XP2400+ and a Duron 800 in my web server...

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:05 am

Welcome to our folding effort!
CoolGav wrote:Where do you get these stats (like the daily production)?
Arachnid stats are the current 'heroes' because the more commonly used EOC stats servers have been down for 10 days.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:30 am

Aw, dangit... I didn't make it into the report. I've kinda dropped like a rock since losing the systems at work.

Must get my production up to 1k/week, maybe that'll get me noticed again.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:37 am

I'll try hard to find something redeeming about you next time. :lol:

It's tough for you guys at the top, who have nowhere to go but down. :twisted:

David

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:15 pm

It's time again for David's "Interesting Races and Folders-On-The Move" whenever-he-gets-around-to-it update. As always, in no particular order, although I tend to work from bottom to top.

As a team, we are now producing a steady 10K per day. Our 74K PPW is 21st highest overall. At this rate, we will overtake Abit and their coveted 26th place on or around Christmas day.
  • ColdFlame has rocketed into the SPCR Top 100 with an 1100 point week. "No one currently threatens ColdFlame", while more than THIRTY of y'all will be overtake by The Flame in the next three weeks. I look forward to welcoming Flame,Cold into the top fifty soon.
  • Grandpa (Boris, that is) continues his steady climb toward the TOP 100 with a 480 point week.
  • New recruit CoolGav is charging hard from the back of the back, posting a 459 point week.
  • WAAAY back there, at 157, is lazybum, but with steady ~200 point weeks, won't be back there for long.
  • Heading up the charts, my bud' Mormakil is up to 79th place this fine Saturday afternoon, soon to overtake blahblahbloo. 'Killer' and his >500 points per week will not be appreciably slowed until he hits the top 50.
  • PaleMalanesian got his butt kicked by yours truly ealier this week :lol: but posted a Very repectable 1500 point week. Pale's upcoming Conquest List includes such stalwart folders and contributors to this forum as Vergozen and wussboy, and a bit further out, Zyzzyx.
  • Vergozen gets his 10K pin today, as consolation prize for getting passed by Frank_Condron.
  • Frank (Condron, that is) continues his meteoric rise through our ranks, up to 41 as of this moment, on his way into the Top 10. Frank's 3000 point week was 5th best on the team, behind only TRC-13, Lockheed, bkh, and CharlieChan.
  • mas92264 will soon be overtaken by Frank_Condron, but his 2500 points per week will leave him chasing Frank into the Top 20.
  • Buddabing has shown a spurt of speed this week. I noted last time that he would make Top 50 before the end of the year, but is already at 51.
  • As predicted, Zyzzyz's 1000 point week has gotten him "noticed" again. :D Once you sniff the rarefied air of the top 30, it can be humbling to see yourself being overtaken, as Z will suffer this month from Frank_Condron and mas92264, but not to be lost sight of is Z's continuing contribution to the team effort.
  • Sbaab is another who could get lost in the shuffle, but chalked up 1700 points for the team this past week, 15th best on the team.
  • And yet another lost in the no-mans land of the "lower Top 30" is herosformula, with a 1000+ point week.
  • Cosine continues to be a pesky persuer of tangled. Cosine is back on tangled's "Potential Threats" chart. tangled, Cosine, and WarpPlatter continue to be "an item" as they posted 11th, 7th, and 10th best weekly production respectively.
It's harder to find nice things to say about the "Folding Gods" in the Top 10, but...
  • Lockheed continues his ~1000 points PER DAY, 6700 PPW, which is neck-and-neck with team ace TRC-13.
  • CharlieChan's 3000 PPW will take him past mike_chin this week.
  • aphanos is in a battle with CC. Arachnid predicts Charlie Chan will overtake aphanos Jan 2 based on their last weeks production.
  • Captain Mike (MikeC) sees no glory this month as he watches aphanos, CharlieChan, Cosine, and tangled overtake him in the charts, pushing him from his prestigous Top 10 ranking. Just as children grow taller than their parents, I suspect Mike will smile and shake hands, if not High Fives, as they go by. Mike's Team is doing a pretty steady 10K per day now, and that's something any parent would be proud of.
  • Zhentar and tragus continue at #5 and #6 on the team, producing 2.4K PPW.
  • bkh holds steady in #3, only 70 points shy of "Orange", with 4930 points.
David
Last edited by haysdb on Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:06 pm

Tomorrows headline reads Cosine overtakes tangled

At this hour, Cosine trails tangled by only 100 points and has outpointed him 542 to 311 in the last day. :!:

ColdFlame is up to 86th position. Zoom.

David

Cosine

Post by Cosine » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:15 pm

Dammit, nobody jinx me, it hasn't happened yet... prob won't matter much anyways as lots of the machines I've borged will be unborged rather soon...

Cos

p.s. Are you saying I could be stuck in Wichita?

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:20 pm

Cosine wrote:p.s. Are you saying I could be stuck in Wichita?
:?:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:14 pm

Team SPCR has bucked up to produce 13K points in the last day. Here are some of the noteworthy contributions:
  • New folder Beyonder contributed 531 points this week. That kind of production will be good for a top 100 spot before the end of January.
  • wgragg had a 1000 point week
  • CoolGav is up to 89th place with a 1000 point week.
  • Semm gets purple boxes around his line at Arachnid Stats for his >250 PPD production. Semm is at 71st place at the moment but climbing fast. Arachnid says he'll make top 50 by the 4th week of January.
  • ColdFlame is up to 58th and will hit Top 50 Jan 7. But lookout for Semm ColdFlame, he's on your threats list.
  • Buddabing has exceeded expectations and has risen all the way to 42 this year.
  • PaleMelanesian is another who has exceeded expectations, and will be at 35th by the end of today.
  • Zyzzyx will remain ahead of me for a few more days. :twisted:
  • herosformula broke 20K points this week
  • Frank_Condon and mas92264 are still duking it out on their way to the top 10, now at 17 and 18 respectively. Both will pass 25K points within the next 24 hours.
  • What the heck happened to Warped_Platter?
  • Cosine has managed to put 2K points between himself and tangled. Both have joined the elite ranks of the Top 10 and could overtake the 7 and 8 spots this week.
  • What's up CharlieChan? No points since Christmas day!
  • TRC-13 and Lockheed continue to blast out 7K points per week. These two continue to be the SPCR Clydesdales.
  • bkh continues to grind out his 5K PPW. TRC-13, Lockheed, and bkh account for 25% of SPCR's production.
  • Zhentar and tragus are holding steady at 5 and 6, but don't get too comfortable there guys. :twisted:
    [Zhentar has four people on his threats list for 2004, and I predict a 5th will join them.]
David

Edit: Changed 13K points in the last week to 13K points in the last day
Last edited by haysdb on Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:40 pm

I've got a new Barton 2.34 Ghz so we'll see :twisted:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:48 pm

That's the spirit. :D

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:53 pm

I just added 2 more processors a little while ago, so that should help out a bit. Granted, they are P3's, but every little bit helps. I am at position 114 and climbing!

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:36 pm

haysdb wrote:Team SPCR has bucked up to produce 13K points in the last week.
Try making that 13k the last day, been around 75-80k per week recently.
haysdb wrote:Zyzzyx will remain ahead of me for a few more days.
Just stop in for awhile as you pass through. Have a beer and a sandwich or something.

Semm

Post by Semm » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:08 pm

You're going to make me have to borg, ColdFlame. You're evil. :)

Or maybe I could just get a new computer instead of turning this one into a Linux box...Hmm...Must...Resist...Temptation...

Good luck!
Semm

sbabb
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sbabb » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:15 pm

You know, David, I was thinking of saying "BRING IT ON" to you, but you're bringing it just fine, so I'll be careful what I ask for :wink:

As it stands now, you should blow by me in about a month or so, at about the same speed that mas and Frank went by me recently.

But I may have another OCed Barton 2500 up my sleeve before then so we'll see how it goes :)

Kudos to you and Zyzzyx for all of your work "up in the stats booth." You guys are certainly keeping this interesting.

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:21 pm

Ok, where do you all get that nice sig?

Wendelll

sbabb
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sbabb » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:22 pm

That's more work done by Zyzzyx (I hope I didn't forget anyone.)

My signature in my profile says:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.liquidninjas.com/dc/ln_dc_sigs.php?xfahuser=SBabb&xskin=Zyzzyx&xfahteam=31574[/img]
You would replace the "SBabb" with your F@H username. The "Zyzzyx" skin is what you want. There should be no line-breaks in the signature (OK, maybe it would work with line breaks in there, but mine doesn't have any, in spite of the word-wrapping above.)

Scott

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:25 pm

Put the following in your signature, already customized for you.

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.liquidninjas.com/dc/ln_dc_sigs.php?xfahuser=wgragg&xskin=Zyzzyx&xfahteam=31574[/img]
Its a skin that I built up for SPCR use, using the stat generator courtesy of LiquidNinjas.com (you'll notice their name stuck in the corner, something they ask for when creating custom skins for their stat generator).

mpteach

Post by mpteach » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:39 pm

How do you set up a stat generator? a friend of mine rents a server and gives me an account with insane bandwith for mpteach.com. i use cpanelx.

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:43 pm

Thanks. Hopefully this works for me.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:05 pm

Zyzzyx wrote:Just stop in for awhile as you pass through. Have a beer and a sandwich or something.
Sorry, won't have time, but thanks for the offer. :wink:
sbabb wrote:You know, David, I was thinking of saying "BRING IT ON" to you, but you're bringing it just fine, so I'll be careful what I ask for :wink:

As it stands now, you should blow by me in about a month or so, at about the same speed that mas and Frank went by me recently.
As a matter of fact, by the time I catch you, I hope to be producing about what Frank and mas are producing now, in the ~4K range. In fact, I'm just one power supply and a week of steady production short of being close to that now, and one more 2600+ will be added in about a week.

David
Last edited by haysdb on Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.