[Fan Control Question]

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Mrc112

[Fan Control Question]

Post by Mrc112 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:02 am

just tested the cryorig ultimate R1 real quickly for sound.
Speedwise, I got it down to 30% using a fan controller. Both fans at this speed are inaudible. Had to actually put my head next to it (talking about 1" away) to hearany sound at all. In a case or when 30cm (almost 12") away, you will not hear them.
On 50-60 %, there seems to be a faint ticking in the fans (not disturbing, but audible at close distance, again in a case it will not be heard). Both my fans have it, not sure if it's a general thing.
On 100% speed, the fans are audible, the 2nd fan of course adds extra to the soundlevel. But the sound characteristic is very smooth. The ticking isn't audible anymore, you just hear the moving of air. It is a soft sound that certainly is not disturbing. But you will hear them in a case, even a damped one like the P182 or the FT02

I'm curious to see how MikeC evaluates these fans & this cooler, and of course: I was not able to test performance on lower levels, but if I base myself on the reviews found online, we might have a new champion in high-end cooling.

Special note: the packing, the looks, the extra's,...: everything shows that this is a high-end product, while still maintaining a reasonable price.

[Mod: moved this post to its own thread. If you want to edit it, or delete it, you should be able to do that.]

quest_for_silence

Re: [Fan Control Question]

Post by quest_for_silence » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Would you mind to post rpm figures along with PWM percentage?

Mrc112

Post by Mrc112 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:30 am

Hi,

I'm just now seeing that my post got moved to this seperate topic. I'll try to retest this evening and provide you with the updated numbers.
Might even also try to hook them up to fanexpert2 (but don't shoot me if I don't get to that :) )

Mrc112

Post by Mrc112 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:39 am

not getting any rpm readings on my fancontroller, sorry.
pwm testing is not really possible for me at this moment. Looks like you'll have to wait for Mike to conclude his testing :(