Quiet case recommendations with this feature?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

whatsoup

Quiet case recommendations with this feature?

Post by whatsoup » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:02 am

Hi all, new to the site and first post!

I'm about to build a new PC and trying to make it as quiet as possible whilst maintaining good airflow for gaming. I will be using an all-in-one liquid cooler for the CPU (more than likely a Corsair H110 GT or H100 GTX)

What concerns me is the cases I've looked at so far have no 'shielding' above the usual radiator outlet on top of the case. Does a case exist that has a separate compartment at the top, to dampen sound (and liquid ;/) without chocking airflow to the top fans? Also the possibility of a side fan with dampening in place, but this isn't essential.

It would be nice to have a case on the larger size (full ATX) and look discrete. I liked the look of the Corsair 550D but it doesn't fulfil my criteria, but you get the idea. Any suggestions appreciated, and I'm flexible to ideas!

Many thanks in advance and look forward to hearing your suggestions! :)

quest_for_silence

Re: Quiet case recommendations with this feature?

Post by quest_for_silence » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:17 pm

whatsoup wrote:Any suggestions appreciated, and I'm flexible to ideas!

Isn't the Fractal Design Define XL R2 (or the Arc XL) suitable to your needs (look also to the Nanoxia DS6)?

whatsoup

Re: Quiet case recommendations with this feature?

Post by whatsoup » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:58 am

Thanks Luca, they look good (and thanks for linking). On my phone atm so will check them properly later.

Any other suggestions anyone? :)