Anidees AI6BS - The Lesser Known Silent ATX Case

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Zenphic
Friend of SPCR

Anidees AI6BS - The Lesser Known Silent ATX Case

Post by Zenphic » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Update to my old topic: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50916

I've made a few upgrades to my system while I wait to jump onto Skylake during Christmas. I managed to get a good deal on the Anidees AI6BS ($70) and the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GS ($85).

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchases. My mini-review of the Anidees AI6BS
Pros
- Simple yet slick design with aluminium panels
- Incredible build quality with strong steel and plastic
- Quiet bundled 1x 120 and 1x 140mm fans
- Smart top exhaust design that allows airflow without letting too much noise leak out
- External 3 1/2 drive bays for your fan controllers and card readers
- Two internal fan hubs
- 6 (4x 2.0 and 1x 3.0) USB ports on top panels

Cons
- Cable clearance behind the motherboard tray should have been greater. A single 24 pin motherboard cable will bow the side panel
- Rear 120mm fan instead of 140mm
- HDD rubber grommets should have been thicker and softer to dampen vibration noise
- Fan filters are not easy to remove: for the front, the front panel must be removed and, for the bottom, the case must be flipped and the case feet removed.

Summary
This case has incredible build quality with heavy, strong and non-flexing metal. The plastic parts are also very strong with little to no flexing. If you remember the sturdy beige computer cases of old, this case is pretty much built like that. The weakest part is unfortunately the front door that has plastic hinges. Top and front panels are lined with brushed aluminium. It's a sleek and simple case design. The fans are very quiet and there are 2x 5V fan adapters included - the fan hubs make it easy to add more fans although no fan speed control here. I wanted a silent computer case and this fit the build. The dampening capabilities (noise dampening material and thick steel) do an excellent job keeping the noise down. The HDD tray are metal and strong and two of the HDD cages are removable. The HDD rubber grommets should have been thicker and softer like those seen in the Antec P100. The major downsides are the small cable clearance behind the motherboard tray and the difficult to remove fan filters (front and bottom). Air-flow performance is top notch. The top exhaust is smartly design with small slits for airflow without having to make it entirely open like in the Antec P100 or Fractal Design Define R4/R5. Overall, an excellent case with above-average build quality and silent capabilities. If you're looking for an alternative to the Antec P100, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 and Fractal Design Define R4/R5, I would highly recommend considering the Anidees AI6BS.
AMD Phenom 9550 2.2 Ghz (K10Stat undervolting: 2.2 Ghz @ 1.0750V, 1.1 Ghz @ 0.8375V)
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev 1.1)
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5 PC2-6400 2x2GB
Crucial DDR2 667MHz PC2-5300 CL5 2x2GB
Crucial M500 240GB SSD
Western Digital Green 3TB
Western Digital SE16 640GB WD6400AAKS
Noctua NH-U12P with Noctua NF-P12 @ 500 RPM with SpeedFan
Anidees AI6BS with stock fans + Noctua NF-P12 @ 600 RPM with SpeedFan
LG GH22NS30 DVD Writer
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GS PSU 220-GS-0650-V1 PSU
XFX Radeon 5770 with Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 Pro @ 800RPM idle and @ 1300 RPM load (fan profile configured with MSI AfterBurner 3)
AMD Catalyst 15.7
Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)

aerial

Re: Anidees AI6BS - The Lesser Known Silent ATX Case

Post by aerial » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:47 am

Good looking case, maybe little too big for what you have inside.

quest_for_silence

Post by quest_for_silence » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:17 am

Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

Can you kindly give us any guessestimate how much quieter, and told us if any cooler your rig runs now?

Zenphic
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zenphic » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:52 pm

aerial wrote:Good looking case, maybe little too big for what you have inside.
I'm hoping it will hold my upcoming Z170 ATX build. I'm also planning on adding a few HDD down the road so the extra 3.5" spaces are going to be superb. My old Antec NSK3480 was simply holding me back too much!
quest_for_silence wrote:Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

Can you kindly give us any guessestimate how much quieter, and told us if any cooler your rig runs now?
It's actually much quieter than my old system for two reasons:

The Antec Earthwatts 380W used to be the loudest component in my old system, especially during gaming. I can barely hear the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GS even during gaming and it is silent (no fan spinning) at idle.

The Anidees AI6BS also has superior cooling with 4 case fans (3x120mm and 1x140mm running at ~500RPM) compared to ny Antec NSK3480 that had a single 120mm 700RPM fan. The Anidees keeps my video card much cooler and it never passes 80C anymore (the fan runs comfortably at 1300RPM at load and 700RPM on idle). With the Antec, I had to run it at 1800RPM on load.

All in all, I'm really happy with this case.