Noctua NH L9x65 and Ryzen 1700

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Bokka

Noctua NH L9x65 and Ryzen 1700

Post by Bokka » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:28 am

I just bought that CPU cooler:

Noctua NH L9x65 (the version of AM4 socket).

http://noctua.at/en/nh-l9x65

Is that cooler ok for a Ryzen 1700 CPU?

The case is a Fractal Design R5

And mostly: if I do not overclock that cooler will keep cpu temperature low and with low noise?

Thanks a lot in advance!

lodestar

Re: Noctua NH L9x65 and Ryzen 1700

Post by lodestar » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:33 am

Based on Noctua's statements it should be OK. And as you already have the cooler why not try it and see. But there might be an issue of whether the standard slimline 14mm high 92mm PWM fan will give a reasonable balance between CPU temperatures and fan noise. If this should prove to be the case it could be rectified by replacing it with one of the Noctua full height 92mm PWM fans such as the NF-A9 or the Redux NF-B9.

Edit: I see that as you say Noctua are now doing a AM4 specific version of this cooler. And that the SecuFirm2 AM4 mounting kit is available separately for a large range of previous and current Noctua coolers. In the UK it costs around £7 which is a very reasonable price.

Bokka

Post by Bokka » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:53 am

lodestar wrote:Based on Noctua's statements it should be OK. And as you already have the cooler why not try it and see. But there might be an issue of whether the standard slimline 14mm high 92mm PWM fan will give a reasonable balance between CPU temperatures and fan noise. If this should prove to be the case it could be rectified by replacing it with one of the Noctua full height 92mm PWM fans such as the NF-A9 or the Redux NF-B9.

Edit: I see that as you say Noctua are now doing a AM4 specific version of this cooler. And that the SecuFirm2 AM4 mounting kit is available separately for a large range of previous and current Noctua coolers. In the UK it costs around £7 which is a very reasonable price.
I know the kit, but in Italy I can't find it.

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:28 am

I assume it may take a while before it appears in all of the normal retail channels.

This Italian supplier is listing it but it is not yet in stock. Another supplier here with the same situation.

Amazon Italy have the Noctua NM-AM4-UXS which is the NH-U12S, NH-U14S and NH-U9S version of the standard kit, but are not (yet) listing the standard kit itself.