Replacement screw for a scythe Ninja 4?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

boe

Replacement screw for a scythe Ninja 4?

Post by boe » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 am

Hello,

I had a Ninja 4 sitting around unused for about a year as I never got around to building my next PC. I went to build it this week and for the life of me, I can't find the second screw to attach the mounting bar that holds the unit in place. I've written to Scythe USA but haven't heard back yet. I see they did sell 2011 screw kits that have similar type screws but none anywhere I look in the USA. Does anyone know where to get one? I hate that I have a ready to be completed PC that is hanging on one screw and I'd be so disappointed if I had to pay $50 for a whole new cooler just to get a screw.

Thanks.

Olle P

Re: Replacement screw for a scythe Ninja 4?

Post by Olle P » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:15 am

Shouldn't be too difficult to find another screw with the same thread and then adjust the length.

Can't say what thread it is though, based on the picture.
Possible options, on top of my head:
M4, UNC 1/4, UNC 6-32, UNC 4-40

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:05 am

If you hear nothing from Scythe USA it might be worth submitting a Customer Support request using the Scythe EU form which is here.

boe

Post by boe » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:12 am

lodestar wrote:If you hear nothing from Scythe USA it might be worth submitting a Customer Support request using the Scythe EU form which is here.
Thanks! I'll try there as well. I tried emailing and calling the US but I'm not sure it is really a full sized group.