Cases with 2 compartments

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Quantum

Cases with 2 compartments

Post by Quantum » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:01 am

Hi, my first post and all that :D

I am looking for a case with two seperate sides to it. I have found some server cases out there but they all are very ugly so I thought you guys may know of some more attractive options.

The project is basicly a watercooled project, I want to have nothing but the system components in one side and all the drives and watercooling stuff in the other side.

I am looking for cases with 120mm fans

Any ideas welcome

Just for the fun here are some pics of my current Lian Li watercooled system, hope you like it.

Pump Location 1

Pump Location 2

Inside shot

VGA and Drives

Regards

Q

PretzelB

Post by PretzelB » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:11 am

Welcome to the forums!

Are you interested in cube cases? I think these are the only ones that can have separate areas like you describe. You might want to look at the amdmb water cooling forum to get some first hand experience.

davidstone28

Post by davidstone28 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:37 am

That Yeong Yang (or whatever its called) cube case has 2 compartment - one for HDDs etc and one for mobo. Looks like a beast.

Quantum

Post by Quantum » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:14 am

Thanks for the link to all those images !! very interesting to see what other people do, I have posted my setup there also.

However few of them actualy list what make the cases are :-(

Do you know of any makers of these cube cases ?

-QG

HammerSandwich
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by HammerSandwich » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:56 am

Quantum, you said you'd seen some server cases, but have you seen Servercase? Yeog Yang also has a bigger cube, but I've not found it for sale anywhere. Newegg has a HUGE Codegen. Mountainmods might be worth a look too. Their basic offerings sure ain't designed for quiet, but you might talk them into customizing one for you.

exeter_acres

Post by exeter_acres » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:11 pm

Thanks to a recomendation here... I just received my Yeong Yang (or whatever!) YY-0221 from Directron... going to be moving my water cooling setup into it this weekend...
it is about as tall as a regular mid tower case, but twice as wide...

I think it will be fun!

exeter_acres

Post by exeter_acres » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:13 pm

Wow that coadegen looks nice... and it wasn't there a week ago... I might have ordered that one instead...

Gooserider

Post by Gooserider » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:04 pm

I wasn't all that impressed with the YY cube case, it seemed to me like the mobo side is to narrow, which limits the size of the rad you can use, and forces you to sacrifice drive bays in order to mount the rad and other cooling gear on the PSU side.

I have an AMS CK1100B that I got from Servercase.com (in the advanced server case section) which has a wider mobo side. It allows you to mount a 3.5" floppy and 2 other 5.25" devices on the mobo side and has a big area under the drives and in front of the mobo that is perfect for mounting a big rad (I used a Fedco 2-342 single pass heater core, 6" x 9.25") and fans in a good shroud. My pump fits nicely under the PSU, and the res is mounted vertically between the drive bays in the center of the PSU side. Thus I get a nice install of a high powered cooling system without having to sacrifice drive bays.

(I think it looks better as well)

Gooserider

exeter_acres

Post by exeter_acres » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:02 pm

Well...follow up...I tried the YY case and found it a little small for my needs...Yes ...small!! :) I am using a LARGE pontiac boneville heatercore (about the size of 2 120mm fans... ) and I ran out of space..

So I ended up getting the Codegen case linked above (s-201) very big.. lots of space...quite industrial, but lots of space