DFI NF2 Ultra Infinity | Abit NF7-S v2

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

PhilgB

DFI NF2 Ultra Infinity | Abit NF7-S v2

Post by PhilgB » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:28 pm

I currently own the NF7-Sv2 but now Im looking at selling it and buying the infinity. Mainly because of the layout of the board. The ATX plug is in a much better location, and it has a few other extra features, like stock passive NB. Its been confirmed undervoltable.

Could anyone here comment on the DFI?
Thanks

PiSan

Post by PiSan » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:15 pm

I don't personally have one, but I've heard a large amount of positive feedback. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

DanceMan

Post by DanceMan » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:28 pm

I've been looking at the DFI for a mobile Barton. Does anyone know if it has the 4 saveable bios configurations that the Lan Party version does?

silvervarg

Post by silvervarg » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:28 am

There seems to be little difference between the boards, so I see no reason for you to change board. The NF7-S has nicely placed holes around the NB making it very easy to fit in a Zalman NB47J to make the NB passive.
Also the NF7 series is great for undervolting, so at best you will have the same undervolting features on the DFI board.

Can't do much about the placement of the ATX connector, but it seems like a minor drawback. At least I can live with that placement.

mpteach

Post by mpteach » Sun May 09, 2004 10:23 pm

Im looking to buy a new board and a mobile barton. I dont care much about the onboard sound.

Should i buy a DFI infiity or an ABit nf7.

It would be worth the extra $2 dollars to not bother replacing the NB cooler

PhilgB

Post by PhilgB » Mon May 10, 2004 4:28 am

Well Im really happy with my NF7-S except for the small details listed above. Another feature of the DFI is the 4 SATA plugs which would have been nice.

If I were to do it again, I would go for the DFI.