US shops that ship internationaly?

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

DG

US shops that ship internationaly?

Post by DG » Thu May 06, 2004 5:10 am

Pc stuff, mainly silent hardware (for ex: Nexus 3500 or Zalman 400B, Papst, Panaflo fans etc) but not only (also i am looking for a fUnc mousepad or an Ultra X keyboard...).

To give you an example, this shop: endpcnoise.com where i can buy nexus or zalman power supplies, but not the fUnc mousepad or other stuff. I want to buy all that i need from one shop...:(

Thx!

silvervarg

Post by silvervarg » Thu May 06, 2004 5:52 am

To what country should they ship?
Many shops ship to some countries but not to all.
Why not buy from a shop closer to your country?

shathal

Post by shathal » Thu May 06, 2004 9:24 am

Buying "all you need" from one shop - while a commendable and understandable desire - is a very unlikely thing to materialize into reality.

Let us know in what country you are, and what you're after - we should be able to help out a fair bit :).

DG

Post by DG » Thu May 06, 2004 12:34 pm

Romania, Eastern Europe... :oops: :roll:

In order of importance, i want:
1. Zalman 400B or Nexus 350W
2. fUnc mousepad
3. Panaflo L1A (80mm)
4. other stuff that i don't know until i see it... :D
Last edited by DG on Thu May 06, 2004 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shathal

Post by shathal » Thu May 06, 2004 12:38 pm

Bah - shouldn't be a problem :). Long as you have a credit card, you can order from UK-sites, German sites (assuming you speak German), French sites (assuming you speak French) and so on. No worries.

European P&P will be a lot cheaper than US -> Europe (and - don't forget - TAXES!).

So - what is it you're after?

DG

Post by DG » Thu May 06, 2004 12:42 pm

shathal wrote: So - what is it you're after?
I just edited my previous post. :)
Actualy, a friend of mine is buying all this stuff for me (i don't have a cc, he has..) and he is prefering the US for some reason ...

Skylined

Post by Skylined » Thu May 06, 2004 1:44 pm

Problem isn't S/H, the real problem is payment.
Some US shops don't take international orders, and non of them accept international credit cards not expired in USA.

If S/H is a problem, then try to get some kind of service that will let you have a mail box somewhere in USA and when something arrives there it's sent to you, to wherever you live.
I have that, I have a mailbox in Miami and each thursday they ship whatever is there down here to Uruguay.
I got my bagpipes and some PC parts with this method, and it's much cheaper, because they charge for weight. ;)

nutball
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by nutball » Thu May 06, 2004 2:24 pm

Hummm... well if I were you I'd strongly question your friends desire to buy from the US. I've bought stuff from the US in the past, but it's getting increasingly difficult. US vendors are getting ever more paranoid and insular in their dealings with the Rest Of The World now I think.

Apparently this is due to widespread credit card fraud in third-world countries such as the UK. Or something. :? I'd lay money that Romania would be on their hit-list too.

I'm almost 100% sure you should be able to get the PSU (if you go Nexus) and Panaflo from Europe (UK, Germany, France). I've bought fans from Germany without any problems (hooray for the Euro!).

As for the mousepad, I've never heard of it :)

DG

Post by DG » Thu May 06, 2004 2:58 pm

nutball wrote: Apparently this is due to widespread credit card fraud in third-world countries such as the UK. Or something. :? I'd lay money that Romania would be on their hit-list too.

I'm almost 100% sure you should be able to get the PSU (if you go Nexus) and Panaflo from Europe (UK, Germany, France). I've bought fans from Germany without any problems (hooray for the Euro!).
Well, is because of the credit card fraud, as you said, very few online shops from Europe or US sell to Romania...But my friend bought, in the past, a Nexus PSU from www.endpcnoise.com and it was fine. The problem is, on that site, i can buy only the PSUs, because other things that i want, are not there.

In my country, the prices in USD are cheaper than those in Euro...so this is maybe the reason...

shathal

Post by shathal » Thu May 06, 2004 3:24 pm

nutball wrote:Apparently this is due to widespread credit card fraud in third-world countries such as the UK. Or something. :? I'd lay money that Romania would be on their hit-list too.
*ROFLS* - nice one, mate :D. Had me chuckling :D.

I'd still assume that you'd have to pay a fair chunk on P&P as well as taxes from the US - that's easier inside europe. I'll see if I can dig up a few sites which specifically say they'd ship to romania.

What you COULD do, is e-mail the UK-suppliers (see the sticky in the vendors section), and see if they'd be happy to help you out. Here's a few people I've had good experiences with recently that ship to "Europe" (to which I'd count Romania):

http://www.chillblast.co.uk/

They've got the Zalman Noiseless ZM400B-APS you wanted, for instnace.

a *VERY* good friend "in europe" is www.kelkoo. - i.e.:

www.kelkoo.co.uk
www.kelkoo.de (for Germany)
www.kelkoo.com (for France) - that's essentially a "search + compare price service".

EDIT:
Here you can get your Panaflo fans that'll ship 'em to Europe:
http://store.over-clock.com/Case_Fans.html

Voila - the wonders of google :).

I know the shops I listed are UK-based, but I hope that makes things easier on you (since I don't know how good your german is).

silvervarg

Post by silvervarg » Fri May 07, 2004 12:20 am

I believe that Trodas have had some experience in this matter (as he also lives in eastern euroupe). I suggest you drop him a private message and ask for shops that delivers without problems.

You are member of the EU from first of may, right?
If you are I guess more european shops will be willing to accept your credit card.