What is the ambient temperature in your computer room?

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Durn cold...
7%
60F/15C
No votes
65F/18C
21%
70F/21C
36%
75F/24C
29%
80F/27C
7%
Too damn hot...
No votes

Total votes: 14

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:52 pm

As I've got 3-4 computers running in my bedroom (gotta love renting a room in a house) it gets a bit toasty. By the end of the evening when I'm headin to bed, it is often up to 80F. And even leaving my window open a couple inches (living in southern California) coldest I've seen in the morning is 68F. But its usually upper 70s.

Just curious what other folks are dealing with for ambient temperatures.

Zyzzyx
- and still bored at work too

tm
Friend of SPCR

Re: What is the ambient temperature in your computer room?

Post by tm » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:10 pm

Zyzzyx wrote:As I've got 3-4 computers running in my bedroom (gotta love renting a room in a house) it gets a bit toasty. By the end of the evening when I'm headin to bed, it is often up to 80F. And even leaving my window open a couple inches (living in southern California) coldest I've seen in the morning is 68F. But its usually upper 70s.
Here in Pasadena, it can get down to about 50F or so during the winter. Last night, I left the patio door open and noted about a 8-9F drop in system temperature. Granted, not a "couple of inches", more like the door was open about a yard or two. Also, room temperature would be dictated by the volume of the room itself. The room where my computers live is well over 500 sq. ft, so the impact of all three machines going at the same time is not that large, certainly smaller than central heating/AC. You might also have more powerful space heaters, I mean, computers than me, dissipating more heat :)

SungHyun7

Post by SungHyun7 » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:22 pm

it's freaking cold here in san diego these days. this morning my motherboard ambient was 3*C and my cpu temp was 28*C. it's my first winter in SD... and personally i think SF winter was much warmer... there must've been a heater running without my knowledge in SF then...

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:23 am

Ahhh.....winter here in Sunny SoCal.

Ambient temps inside are in mid 60F range when I get up at 3:00AM and stay in the mid 70F range during the afternoon/evening hours.

nerotek

Post by nerotek » Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:55 am

my computer is in the garage, so the temp is cool in the winter in the mid-60s and sometimes mid-50s if it's really cold... but the opposite during the summer... which climbs to mid-80s to mid-90s... for southern-CA resident...