Lian Li PC-TU200 Silent Gamer

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

eqc.liu

Lian Li PC-TU200 Silent Gamer

Post by eqc.liu » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to share my near-silent 1 fan gaming/media PC. I originally built it a year and a half ago, and recently updated it with a new GPU and SSD. The purposee of the build is to create a computer that can play all games at decent settings while being as quiet as possible. Having 1 moving part, a single fan, was the natural conclusion. Let me tell you, I can barely hear the computer even when crawling on the floor with my ear against the front. Specs are as follows:

AMD A10 5800k CPU
8GB DDR3 memory
EVGA GTX 750 ti 2GB GPU
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB SSD
160xt Pico-PSU + 187 watt power brick

Lian Li PC-TU200 Case
Silverstone HE02 CPU Cooler
Arctic Accelero S1 Plus
Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm fan

Pictures below:

Notes:
-The SSD is hiding at the very top of the case, where the DVD drive is usually mounted.
-I ran all cables against the back of the case to preserve airflow from the front fan.
-I still need to find a better way to mount the DC-DC connector. Currently it's zip tied to the back of the case. Any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eqc.liu

Re: Lian Li PC-TU200 Silent Gamer

Post by eqc.liu » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm seeking some advice now, so please chime in if you can help!

I'm considering how much (if any) improvement there will be, both in sound and cooling capabilities, if I move the front fan closer to the center of the case. I can potentially dangle the fan from the top drive cage roughly 4" closer to the heatsinks. I would imagine this would make the fan quieter as it's farther from the front of the case. What do you guys think?

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:40 pm

nice build.
eqc.liu wrote:I'm seeking some advice now, so please chime in if you can help!

I'm considering how much (if any) improvement there will be, both in sound and cooling capabilities, if I move the front fan closer to the center of the case. I can potentially dangle the fan from the top drive cage roughly 4" closer to the heatsinks. I would imagine this would make the fan quieter as it's farther from the front of the case. What do you guys think?
if it were my setup, thats exactly what i would do. might also consider using a larger fan.

eqc.liu

Post by eqc.liu » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Any suggestions for a bigger fan? My knowledge of fans pretty much ends at 140mm Noctuas...