choose between 2 good chassi for htpc

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Darkpoem

choose between 2 good chassi for htpc

Post by Darkpoem » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:29 pm

I am building a htpc with the motherboard: Moderkort: Asus AT3IonT-I Deluxe (mini itx that uses passive cooling)
And then some harddrive (5400rpm) and a blue ray player.

My first thought was to buy a very small chassi but then I thought that it maybe would be nice to have a chassi that uses a 80mm fan so I found these two chassi which looks nice and isn't so expensive.

Ace Polly 150W (Svart) (can't add links yet)

Antec ISK 300-65 (Svart)

Which one should I take? since the motherboard has an external net adapter I won't be using the built in net agg in the chassi.

Trav1s

Post by Trav1s » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:38 pm

I have the ISK 300-65 and it is very small with limited space. It requires laptop optical and hard drives which I have found to be more expensive.

The other case looks to talk regular drives and has much more room to work with.

What is more important to you? Size? Cost?

Darkpoem

Post by Darkpoem » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Size is no big deal, but I don't want it to be very large but something in between, thats why it feels like the ace polly is the best choice for me.

You'arright that I don't need to buy a slim optical drive if I choose the ace polly. But does it really look as nice as it seems to in the pictures, is there someone that has the ace polly and is satisfied with it? I am going to remove the net agg.