Artic VGA silencer and the 9800 pro

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Creeky

Artic VGA silencer and the 9800 pro

Post by Creeky » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:55 am

Hi this is my first post so hello,

I have been trying to get my pc quiet for quite a while now... I have tried watercooling but got annoyed with the pump noise and having to maintain the water to stunt algae growth so I went back over to stock air cooling. Anyway to cut a long story short I found this site and got my act together and got the zalman 7000alcu and a Artic vga silencer and Nexus 3500 psu......Nice and quiet now :shock:

The problem I am having is, and I dont know if it is a problem is that the Artic vga silencer when on silent it getting very hot if you poke your finger in the back bit and touch the alu heatsink part... It this normal for it to get too hot to touch on a 9800 pro.

Cheers

Kris

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:13 am

Yeah, the heatsink's supposed to get pretty hot. If it wasn't hot, it would mean you hadn't applied the thermal paste correctly, and your VPU would probably fry.

If you're not getting on screen artifacts and the computer's not locking up, I wouldn't worry about it.

Pjotor
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Pjotor » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:26 pm

Agree w/ Shadowknight.

I use a ZM80 passive VGA cooler (on 9700 Pro), which gets too hot to the touch after some gaming; however, I have never had a single problem with the VGA card -- no artifacts, no stability issues. Good enough for me.

Creeky

Post by Creeky » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:35 pm

ok then cheers for your help 8)