Anyone tried the Setsugen 2 on a 6870?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

livingplasma

Anyone tried the Setsugen 2 on a 6870?

Post by livingplasma » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:04 pm

I've found a review on Fudzilla and it looks promising. Another review show it performing better than than the Artic Cooling Twin Turbo and Scythe Musashi. The main reason I'm interested is that I'm running a crossfire setup in my gaming rig, and other than the Musashi, all the other aftermarket coolers I've looked up are pretty much 3 slots or more after mounting. My motherboard is spaced so that there is an extra slot between two dual slot cards, but my concern is clearance of the top card's fans and the mounting plate/nuts/thumbscrews etc on the lower card. For reference I have a Musashi on a 4890 in my other system and even with 25mm thick fans it only takes up 2.5 slot spaces but the thumb screws decreases clearance above the card (I had to remove the cover on my soundcard). I trust SPCR and it's follower's ears so anyone with experience or other possible alternatives I've overlooked your input would be greatly appreciated!

Carloscrme

Re: Anyone tried the Setsugen 2 on a 6870?

Post by Carloscrme » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:50 pm

did you try the Setsugen 2?, because i have a crossfire too, and i am watching for a cooler, and that is de only small one, tell me whatever you think and know of this one, (sorry for my english)

jjwa

Re: Anyone tried the Setsugen 2 on a 6870?

Post by jjwa » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:48 am

I am interested in this combination too.
Nobody tried?