Happy new owner of a Zalman ZM17-CU

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Happy new owner of a Zalman ZM17-CU

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:20 pm

Just got my goody box from Silicon Acoustics today.

Four NB32J sinks for various use.
One FanMate for my CPU fan.
One ZM17-CU for my ti4200.

I gotta say, that ZM17 is beautiful!!! Even though its somehow smaller than I expected, its still very damn cool. I think I've got the same awe that I had when I got my SLK800s. :D

Lookin forward to mounting it up on my ti4200. It might not be enough cooling for some folks for that level card, but its sure going to do better than the stock wee little heatsink that I've been using with the fan disconnected. I don't WANT to know what my GPU temps have been.

(oh, and I took a break in middle of typing this to mount up one of the NB32s to a GF2 GTS vid card. this is fun!)

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:46 pm

Well, no install on the ZM17 yet, but got the NB32 going on the GF2 vid card on my open-air footstool system.

Looping 3dMark2001 right now. That wee lil heatsink is nice and toasty. Yet the back of the video card at the core is cooler to the touch than it used to be with the stock 'heatsink' idling along in Windows. Plus it looks so much cooler.

The ZM17 will definitely be a Friday night project.

lenny
Patron of SPCR

Post by lenny » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:31 pm

Found this thread when searching for information on cooling GeForce 2 GTS. Any problems with the GF2 GTS / Zalman NB32J?