VGA

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

zangeena

VGA

Post by zangeena » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:47 pm

How Can I Connect a Laptop with a VGA Output to a LCD TV with no VGA Input? I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 6000 and a Sharp 32" Aquos LCD TV. How do I connect the two? I've used S-Video and it works but the quality is terrible because S Video is using 680x480. The best I understand is VGA to VGA but in my case the LCD has no VGA input. Can I use a VGA to RGB Component Cable? Or VGA to DVI-I than DVI-I to HDMI? Can anyone help me?
Last edited by zangeena on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maalitehdas

Post by maalitehdas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:17 am

You have written to a totally wrong topic, but here's some info anyway (i'm not a moderator):

VGA is analog, DVI and HDMI are digital. No match with those.
VGA->video in (yellow RCA) would offer somewhat good picture but with lousy resolutions. If there's no video in either, you won't get anything worth watching (blurry picture with other analog connectors). RGB -> component in doesn't give you colours (component uses Y-Pb-Pr, RGB sends red-green-blue). If there are red+green+blue sockets in your TV then RGB will work very good, but that's kinda rare input in televisions.

Please write further questions to other forums, we discuss about silent computers here.