Speakers buzzing (onboard audio related)...

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Charuto

Speakers buzzing (onboard audio related)...

Post by Charuto » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:36 pm

So I recently got a Foxconn A7GM-S. This motherboard's onboard sound is a Realtek ALC888. Since installing the drivers, there's been a constant high pitched buzzing noise coming from the speakers whenever they're turned on.

Furthermore, the problem is also present when I plug a pair of headphones into the front audio jack. I emailed Realtek and so far they suggested I mute all non-essential items in volume playback. That did not work. I'm still talking to them, but figured there is someone here who knows a quick fix.

falke
Friend of SPCR

Post by falke » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:50 am

You may have what is called a ground loop, read more here or you can Google it.

jessekopelman

Post by jessekopelman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:23 pm

Do you have the latest drivers? Are the ones you installed from Realtek or Foxconn? My Asrock board has a Realtek chip that seems to only work properly with drivers from Asrock -- installing newer Realtek drivers causes various weirdness.

Charuto

Post by Charuto » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:20 pm

Thanks guys. All the drivers were downloaded from Foxconn. I don't know why I e-mailed Realtek instead of Foxconn, but the tech told me to go into the mixer and mute playback for all non-essential items. That didn't work. In desperation I flashed the bios. Turns out the bios were already up to date, but I overlooked it because it was listed as 080014 in CPUZ, while the file name on their site was 799F1P08. As useless as that may seem, the buzzing has been gone ever since the flash. The front panel detection on the other hand...