Gigabyte: GA-EP43-DS3R vs. GA-EP45-DS3R (43 vs 45)?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Does an Enermax PRO82 (EPR425AWT) fit a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R ?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:38 am

Yes, it fits! :-)
100%
No, you need a different mobo or PSU. :-(
No votes
See other answer below...
No votes

Total votes: 1

KlaymenDK

Gigabyte: GA-EP43-DS3R vs. GA-EP45-DS3R (43 vs 45)?

Post by KlaymenDK » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:38 am

Hi,
wouldn't you know it, after a month of delaying my supplier finally admitted that they can no longer ship the GA-EP43-DS3R which I ordered for my new pc -- they can only ship the GA-EP45-DS3R.

That it took over a month plus a series of phone calls from me to get this information is one thing (:roll: :evil: :x etc), but looking forward I'm more concerned if this new motherboard fits the parts that I ordered (from other suppliers) at the same time -- and received a month ago, too long ago for me to return them, even though they're unopened.

:?: :?: Specifically, I'm worried that the PSU I've chosen (an Enermax PRO82+ EPR425AWT) does not fit the new EP45 motherboard, which from the looks of it uses a different power connector (the smaller one of the two) than the EP43. :?: :?:
The last time I was out shopping for PSUs and motherboards was a long time ago, so I'm basically a noob in this matter.

Help! I don't want to open any boxes if the parts aren't going to fit -- in that case I'd rather shove them down the throat of this supplier, which will be easier to do if they are unopened (ie. resellable as new).

yuu

Post by yuu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:02 am

"... this power supply has two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector...."

This EPS12V connector splits into two ATX12V. take a look at the photo there

http://www.enermax.com/english/product_ ... sp?PrID=96

just to keep you informed, there is now newer EP45-UD3R(16x pcie) and UD3P(16 or 2x8 PCie2), overclocking should be much better, has lower price.

I have the corsair vx450 instead and it fits my EP45-DS3(R).

KlaymenDK

Post by KlaymenDK » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:32 am

Maybe I'm seeing a different page than you are, because on the image I see, the cables and connectors are very tiny, too tiny to count the number of leads.

ATX ... EPS ... I'm sorry, it's all a bit new to me. :roll: But thank you for explaining. Still, it's kind of moot because I already have the power supply sitting at home, waiting to be put into the new pc with this motherboard, which, by the way, I have just accepted to receive instead of the other one. O man I hope it's going to work! :)

line
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by line » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:58 am

It's a 4+4 pin cable. You can confirm that with the datasheet on page 4 under "Cables & Connectors":

http://www.enermax.com.tw/admin/pic/200 ... 221404.pdf

Plug the 4+4 pin cable in the 8-pin connector and you'll be fine.