Scythe Shuriken 3

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

EvoFire

Scythe Shuriken 3

Post by EvoFire » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:45 am

Hi all, just wondering what ur takes on this cooler is since Mike and co didn't do a review on this particular model. I'm looking decent performance and good accoustics.

I'm considering this heatsink for my 939 board, ASUS A8V-E SE, on an overclocked Winchester. If anyone doesn't think its a good heatsink, what suggestions do you have? I prefer top down coolers, and something not too expensive, and I'm in Canada too so my choices are more limited than say, in the US.

Sidenote: completely unrelated, but since I'm posting. I'm on the stock sink right now and doing 45C on load, would lowering the temp help overclocking when its not even getting that hot to start with?

BillyBuerger
Patron of SPCR

Post by BillyBuerger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:47 am

The Shuriken is a good low-profile heat sink. But unless you need something low-profile, there are many much better choices out there. It works great in my HTPC with an undervolted 4050e where I need something low-profile. I don't think it would be able to be quiet and cool a hot, overclocked CPU. The mini-ninja is only $5 more at newegg in the US. Not sure about for you.

EvoFire

Post by EvoFire » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:35 pm

I'm thinking of the Shuriken because a few of my friends have bought it and it fits, while the larger Andy Samurai won't fit their boards.

If the Andy would fit, I would buy that, does anyone know if the Andy will fit?